Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 6:29:22 PM EDT
So who here buys bulk meat for the freezer..? I'm talking halve and quaters, cows and hogs. I got a quarter hog today for $80, wrapped cut, sealed frozen, USDA stamped, and delicious. Put ribs on the grill tonight and had to loosen the belt a notch.  Not sure if it is the best of deals, but sure beats the crap on the rack at the PigglyWiggly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I envy your massive freezer, sir.

All that I've got room for is frozen chicken. I buy as much as will fit about half my freezer, usually comes out to about $2/lb.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
We're getting ready to buy half a beef, and we have two steers on grass that will be ready early winter.  Well, we own half of the two, BiL owns the other half.

I haven't found anyone offering pork around here on those terms, or I'd buy at least a half.

One medium chest freezer and a large upright in the basement.  It's nice to not have to drive to town before cooking dinner.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a walk in cooler just for my bacon collection.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a walk in cooler just for my bacon collection.

MMmmm, bacon!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a whole 15lb boneless ribeye the other day. Got 16 steaks out of it and man is it ever good. Cost 5.35 a pound. All Iowa corn fed beef.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought a whole 15lb boneless ribeye the other day. Got 16 steaks out of it and man is it ever good. Cost 5.35 a pound.

damn!!! Im jealous...
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Biggest I've ever bought is the cryovac bags of primals at the warehouse club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top