Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 3:33:32 AM EDT
I usually just carry my G19 when I go somewhere but after our attack yesterday maybe it would be prudent to carry my AR in my vehicle. Do you guys feel compelled to do the same? I don't mean walk around with it, but just to have it available in your truck or car. Good idea or not? Or maybe its too early to feel this way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I know several people in the States already doing this since the September 11th attack. It would make sense to me - just make sure to comply with various state and local regulations to be safe. I'm stationed in Germany where some members of Al Queda were living prior to the attack. Soldiers can't have firearms in the barracks so I'm pretty well screwed out of self defense until I return to the States. If the SHTF and we are called out, I have easy access to an M-249(among other things), etc....somewhat comforting. I thing the most important thing though is being alert and aware of your surroundings. You could have a complete arsenal on hand but this is altogether useless if your "situational awareness" suffers or weakens.  

This place has been crazy of late with Turks jumping GI's and GI's jumping Turks - like beating the crap out of people and/or stabbing them is going out of style or something. I haven't been in a fight yet over here - I think this can be accredited to both luck and avoiding known problem areas.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I just upgraded to an AR, a 590 W/bayonet and a 92FS W/4 loaded mags. Call me paranoid, I dont care.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Since 0930 on 9/11/01, I have had an M4 (semi) amongst other items in my trunk. It's legal in VA and I know nobody will hassle me. I made sure to lock my folding seats and diable my interior trunk release so that no hooligans can get to it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I usually just carry my G19 when I go somewhere but after our attack yesterday maybe it would be prudent to carry my AR in my vehicle. Do you guys feel compelled to do the same? I don't mean walk around with it, but just to have it available in your truck or car. Good idea or not? Or maybe its too early to feel this way.
View Quote

I have my Mossberg in the car
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
For me the Glock 21 is all the firepower that I have felt I really needed.  If things get worse, then you can bet I will have either a Remington 870 or an AR-15 locked in the trunk.  I would rather be considered paranoid then be undergunned if my life was on the line....

Just the same, I think the G-21 is adequate at this time but I reserve the right to change my mind in a minutes notice!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been carrying my USPC and mask in my trunk. But with all the talk of a 100% chance of retaliation, I am considering carrying my M4 also. I want to get a better way of securing the box to my Jeep first, like a bike chain or pad lock. The last thing I want is to have my car broken into with a Kali-rare AR inside.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Once I determine the best way to secure it in an easily accessible way behind my F150 regular cab's seat, I will begin keeping my Mossberg 590 there.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I dug the HP 9mm out last night.
It'll go to work with me. I'll break it down and leave it in the truck all night. I cannot take it to work with me though.
Be assured. I'm covered at work though.
Be safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top