Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:23:51 AM EDT
Whoever's filling in for The Leprechaun today played a sound byte of The Governator giving a speech. He told immigrants that they had to learn to speak english, that they should take night classes to learn english and that they need to "turn off the Spanish TV"!

ETA - I hate that fuckin' Telemundo!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It would have been cooler if he said, "Turn off the TV....then go the fuck home."  Even better, he could have acted like a bar bouncer and said "You ain't got to go home, but you sure as shit can't stay here".  I would have lol'd.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be better if he "turned off" bilingual education....
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW! I guess he's not planning on running for another term.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
He's obviously a racist, mang.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Way to go Arnie! Remember folks he immigrated here legally, knows how important it is to speak the language.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Way to go Arnie! Remember folks he immigrated here legally, knows how important it is to speak the language.

Big +1 on that there. My grandfather came here, and while he never did get citizenship, he for sure learned how to speak the language.

If he can do it, then why the hell can't they????? ( Shhh its because we cater to certain people donchaknow.... shhhhh they're 'special' donchaknow.... )

Im all up for being multilingual, but I refuse to speak it to them if they refuse to learn my language. I pretty much take the state/federal/government forms and such in spanish as a slap in the face.

You dont learn the language... you don't rate shit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WOW! I guess he's not planning on running for another term.

I'm pretty sure he's termed out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A little known fact is he speaks perfect English.  His accent is fake. His PR folk recommend that he continue using it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It would have been cooler if he said, "Turn off the TV....then go the fuck home."  Even better, he could have acted like a bar bouncer and said "You ain't got to go home, but you sure as shit can't stay here".  I would have lol'd.

Your hypothetical humor is killin' me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Not to hijack but here in Austin Texas we are getting a new Chief of Police. He gave his first public speech to we the citizens yesterday, in Spanish. He comes highly recommended from California.

Are our traffic ticket going to be in Spanish now? Not that that would get them paid!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If all the illegal mexicans in California went home the death toll would be enormous.  All those Californians with dirty homes, unmanicured lawns and no fast food or people to cook it at home for them.  

Good God man, think of the good just THAT alone would do the country.  Half of Hollywood would be dead within a week!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It would be better if he "turned off" bilingual education....

Huh? Our schools have been "english only" since voters approved a ballot initiative several years ago.

ETA: Prop 227 passed in 1998.

Doesn't seem to be enforced.  I work in a huge museum/public education destination and we get a ton of school groups, many with the teachers speaking exclusively Spanish to the students.  Anybody you can report these people to?  I too thought that Prop 227 was the law...  It's my fricken tax dollars they're spending.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If all the illegal mexicans in California went home the death toll would be enormous.  All those Californians with dirty homes, unmanicured lawns and no fast food or people to cook it at home for them.  

Good God man, think of the good just THAT alone would do the country.  Half of Hollywood would be dead within a week!

Don't forget about the dirty dishes piled up to the ceiling, the stench coming from the bathrooms and delapidated hotels and office buildings.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Negative - Telemundo and Univision look like their written by children, but they have some smokin hot broads.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whoever's filling in for The Leprechaun today played a sound byte of The Governator giving a speech. He told immigrants that they had to learn to speak english, that they should take night classes to learn english and that they need to "turn off the Spanish TV"!

You know.. they do have some nice looken wiminns on from time to time.

But Telemundo's advertisers don't want them to turn of the TV. Their loyality is to coin, not nationalism.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd guaran-damn-tee t that the "Casting Couch" is a very integral part of the audition for the ladies parts on the spanish language shows!  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, now what was the downside of that?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, now sell me on the downside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top