Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 10:03:23 PM EDT
What a difference! I never realized just how alien southern Kali was until I left. Can't wait to get my CCW permit! Still getting settled in, talk to you guys later on.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky bas#$%@

I don't want to hear about it.

BTW, move for a job, or retire/sell out from here and buy a 20 acre spread?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking at Arizona, myself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're going to live here don't change us.

I'm sick of hearing, Well we moved here because it's such a great place, but we're going to vote democrat, and pro choice, pro lesbian, pro peta, pro taxes. And we're going to make this state better by doing this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn smart choice! It's always nice  to hear about someone returning to their senses. What took you so long?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps you should show your change by ASAP purchase of a machine gun. Second a bumper sticker similar to

Californian by Birth

Idahoan By Choice
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
MadKiwi -
I transferred within the company. The land is pretty cheap up here compared to southern Kali. We moved from a 900 sq. ft., two bedroom condo without a garage, to a 1400 sq. ft. three bedroom house with a garage and a fenced back yard for the dog, both for $850 a month. We'll be buying our own home in six months when our lease is up. My wife and I have been wanting to buy a home for years now, but we couldn't afford it before now.

Born_In_The_PRK
Sorry, I spent eighteen months stationed at Yuma Marine Corps Air Station. I don't think I could stand going back to that state after that.

crowTrobot
Don't worry. One of the reasons we moved here was because we like the state just the way it is. I really considered Oregon, but if there is enough Liberals/Democrats in the state so the state went for Gore, I don't want to live there.

Where are you located?

Skibane
I would of moved sooner, but the job wasn't available before this.

David_Hineline
If I could afford a machinegun right now, I would buy one. Unfortunately, the cost of the move is up over four thousand right now, and sucked up my savings and credit cards. I am planning on getting my CCW ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
You are very lucky. I have a friend from Boise who is getting homesick, I've never been there and I'm sick longing to go there. Didn't make it up there on my vacation. Go on a tour of the Gemtech factory for us, we can all live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey another one escaped?!?!? Wait till Feinstein and Perata hears about this, there will be a bounty on your head. No one escape the Stallag 13

I tell you one thing there's a whole different culture outside CA Having lived there for 34yrs. I miss certain things about it, and it will always be my home in my heart. However that said. Politicaly and socially that place have gone in the crapper. Glad I'm in TX. Get a lil getting used to and wish I had a better job. But now I am beginning to understand the saying "I wasn't born in TX but I got here as soon as I could" a lil more each day. [:D]

I just wish they had a damn beach here in Dallas. Yes I know about the lakes, not the same.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I lived in Boise until 1976 when i moved to Omaha with the Railroad. Since the Hewlett-Packard and Micron companies moved to Boise and brought their liberal Kali's with them, Boise has changed a lot. All of it for the worse. If you wern't there BEFORE you would not know.
Butt Pirates and Carpet munchers are forever attacking the schools and the new crop of politicians are obviously bought and paid for.
Idaho used to have only one paragraph in the Federal Firearms Law book. Now it has several pages.
Ann Morrison Park used to be the coolest, now it's a soccer hangout. And you will notice, Kali's who do take up shooting, are also the ones who go just south of town, pile up their glass and garbage and shoot it to hell. What a mess.
If only Kali would fall into the sea......
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Perhaps you should show your change by ASAP purchase of a machine gun. Second a bumper sticker similar to

Californian by Birth

Idahoan By Choice
View Quote

Having grown up in Boise I can tell you that's not a particularly good idea for a bumper sticker.  'Bout the only thing it'll guarantee you is a keyed car.  Maybe an asskicking if someone disparages it and you defend it.

CB
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey sparhawk, nice handle. here is some friendly advice. don't let everyone know how good we have it here or it won't last long. get your Calif. plates off your car as quick as possible as well as any visible sign of Californianess--it gets some of the locals...uhh...edgy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Sparhawk -

Welcome to America.

Now, get properly armed for the extraction of our com-patriots. [:D]

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to Idaho, NOW LEAVE!!!

Just kidding  [}:D]

I'm down here near Twin Falls, hope you enjoy the area.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear that some Californians are bugging out of that friggin state.  Keep the Liberals there so they don't screw up all of the other states they move to.[NI]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top