Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 8:42:30 PM EDT
I am considering buying or investing into a H&K MP5.  I don't want a fully auto either.  I know it will be a few grand and was wondering what a good price would be in Exc to new condition?  What would be some other compariable Sub Guns.  Not interested in a Colt 9mm because the mags are way too high.  I have seen people give $125 for 9mm Colt 32rd mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
HK94s run from $3000-3500, depending on condition and configuration.  A3 versions with retractible stocks usually sell for about $250 more than A2 fixed stock versions.

If you look really hard, you can find a excellent condition A3 for $3000, but expect at least $3200.

An HK94 is a semi only version of the MP5 with a 16" bbl.  This can be later converted to a MP5 with a transferable sear (another $4000).  You can also do the paper work for the SBR, and pay about $500-1000 (depending on quality and extra fixens) to get it rebarreled and you will have an MP5 length bbl, on a semi gun.

Another option is a SP89 (semi MP5K) for about $3000.  Again you can SBR and add a stock and K-grip, or you can AOW and add the K-grip but no stock.

I strongly advise against any clones, they are of questionable workmanship.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Another option is an UZI, for around $1200+.

If price is an option, maybe you should again consider a AR 9mm.  With an new upper and bolt, etc., this is an "inexpensive" options.

You can also buy non-colt mags from various foreign contractors for under $50.  I have heard that several of these contract mags work well.

Also expect to spend at least $70 for good HK German mags.  Stay away from stick mags, or foreign contract mags.  Although some have had good experiences with Paki curved mags, I stick to German curved mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You say watching a submachine gun match got you interested in an MP5 but you don't want a machine gun.  You should have your head examined.

You could spend $4000 for a semi auto MP5 wanna be or you could spend $3000 for a NIB Vector UZI SMG and $1000 for practice ammo and be winning Subgun matches next time around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
David/HKocher,

People still winning Subgun matches with TASK slow fire conversions?  I recall that they were doing quite well.  I have not participated or observed one (kind of hard to do here in IL), but I remember reading about American 180's doing pretty well because of the huge mags).

I will definitely second the Vector UZI as a possible--for the money, it's a hell of a deal right now (hopefully, I'll get one before the prices go through the roof on them--my brother in a free state will get it until I finish school and move, but at least it locks in the price now).
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey HKocher,

This is completely off topic, but I was hoping you could tell me how to put a cool picture under my name like you! I can't see it in the help section.

Thanks

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to second Hkocher on the HK 94. I've got one and I hate to say it but the AR's would go before it. shoots extremely well right out of the box, and after 3,500 rds. it hasn't skipped a beat-not once, not ever....

Just my 2 cents though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top