Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2001 6:55:46 PM EDT
As you might have seen in my post about selling my Tromix upper, I'm thinking about buying a loaded Springfield 1911.  My question is this:

Is there any downside to the hi-cap version?  I don't understand why all 1911's wouldn't be 10 round if it can be done.  Does it just have an enormous grip or something?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy 10rnd mags for any of the springfields.  They just hang below the frame about an inch.  I highly recommend the loaded springfields.  I have a loaded full size stainless and absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
They definitely have "High Capacity" as one of the 1911 types on their site.  What's the big difference?

They have them in both ultra-compact and full size.

[url]http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-pstl-1911-hc.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up my SA PX9608L w/a "green nato finish",boy is she a beaut!Gonna pick up a couple of 10 rounders and take her out for a spin.[pistol]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
It can't be just what kind of mags it comes with, can it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
think about why you are buying one
i was considering one as well, did a lot of readin/lookin, they seem well made and sometimes have kinks that need to be worked out.  i figured for the money they should work the first time, im buying a HK USP 45 compact

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I already have a Beretta for the ultimate in reliability, thanks. [:P]

My question STILL is, what is the difference in a hi-cap Springfield as opposed to the normal ones?  They're listed seperately on their page.  I can't immagine they would be listed seperately just because they come with different mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
i think the high cap springfields have a wider grip more like the para ords than the regular 1911s

if im not mistaken, the hicap mags are double stacked

a green nato finish huh?  id love to see a picture of that (can ya post a link to one?)

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The 'hi-capacity' Springfield has a polymer frame that takes double-stack mags.  As they can only make 10-rounders for it now, and you can get 8 in a flush-fit mag or 10 in a mag that sticks out about an inch from the single-stack frame, I wouldn't bother.  Get a single-stack.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally, some straight answers!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The hi-cap Springfield is a wide-body pistol that is almost identical to the Para Ordnance.  I believe that Para mags are interchangeable as well, you may have to change the mag catch, not quite sure.  As far as I am aware, they are either steel or alluminum frames.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like I'm going to have to get my hands around an example of each.. The only 1911 I've ever managed to get my hands on was an older Kimber Gold Match, rental at the range I go to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top