Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2001 6:41:47 PM EDT
Well now, I wonder what sites he & his followers hang out at?
--------------------------

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 07, 2001 19:20:41 ET XXXXX

WHITE HOUSE CONVINCED: BIN LADEN GIVING ORDERS OVER INTERNET

President Bush and his senior advisers are convinced that terror lord Osama bin Laden is communicating with his agents via the Internet, government sources said on Sunday.

"[The Internet] appears to be a major mode of communication between bin Laden' and his network," revealed a White House insider who demanded anonymity.

"The Internet has proven to be a good place to hide and to communicate in real-time," added the source.

"We know there's been an exchange of email between bin Laden's top agents, but there also may be ongoing chats, like instant messages.'
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly why I say that bringing him in alive will not stop him from controlling his minions.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, who's the big ISP in Afghanistan, anyway?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, that's funny.  Especially considering that the Taliban have banned the Internet as violating a tenant of Islam.  I guess those particular tenants just apply to the lowly commoners and peasants, huh?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ain't it time for that E-Bomb that we were reading about earlier to be deployed in the vicinity of Kabul....etc?

You know, electronic impulse, no cell phones, no nothing!

Eric The(OrWeCouldJustCancelTheirAOLInstantMessengerAcct)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Santyth:
Um, who's the big ISP in Afghanistan, anyway?
View Quote

AOL of course--where do you think all the extra "1000 hours free" discs go when we throw them out.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh, yes. First they passed anti-terrorist legislation that essentially eliminated the remains of the Consitution and Bill of Rights. Now the justification for strangling the internet as the last remains of a once free people.

While you folks are beating the drums of war, the  real battle is being waged and won--the destruction and eventual enslavement of a once free planet.

"Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends (securing the unalienable rights with which men are endowed by their Creator), it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it."   Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Clue me in, DJbump, is anyone threatening the internet in the United States?  I thought we were talking about Afghanistan!
First they passed anti-terrorist legislation that essentially eliminated the remains of the Consitution and Bill of Rights.
View Quote

'They' did that? Essentially eliminated what part of the Constitution? Bill Of Rights? The Second Amendment? What?

Eric The(I'veStillGot[u]My[/u]Weapons,SorryToHearAbout'Them'TakingYours!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's see. Monitoring of cell-phones, internet, all forms of communication--for the kids, naturally. Roaming warrants, troops on US soil providing "security" at airports. As I mentally count of the list of inalienable rights, I can think of only one that has not been completely destroyed, and that is the 2nd.

As for the 'net, lest we forget, the US is not the center of the known universe. When the all-powerful "they" talk of the internet, they mean the internet as a whole, not solely the US branches.

Aren't you proud to be an American? And before you start with the I'm a sympathizer bullshit, let me spell it out for you. The only thing acceptable in my mind is a return to the ideas upon which this country was founded. Knowing history, and the current state of the tyrants' progress, bringing that about is going to be difficult to say the least.

Anyone else for a return the concepts that made this a great country? Or are the rest of you too damn busy watching the new Survivor to give a damn?

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves, whether they are to have any property they can call their own, whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed and themselves confined to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them. The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance or the most abject submission. We have, therefore, to resolve to conquer or die." -- George Washington
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Post from DJbump -
Let's see. Monitoring of cell-phones, internet, all forms of communication--for the kids, naturally. Roaming warrants, troops on US soil providing "security" at airports. As I mentally count of the list of inalienable rights, I can think of only one that has not been completely destroyed, and that is the 2nd.
View Quote

How many cell-phones are in use in the US on any particular day? How many cell-phone calls are made each and every day? How many kids at the mall do you see with a cell-phone pressed up against their little pumpkins?

Millions of calls, maybe? And how many FBI agents are there to 'monitor' all these millions of phone calls? How many law enforcement agents, all together, are working on intercepting, recording, and comparing all of these millions of phone calls every day? How many of these intercepted, recorded, and investigated phone calls are sent to federal/ state prosecutors to consider criminal charges
being filed? Millions? Yeah right.

And of all the internet transmissions, which must be even greater in number than that for cell-phone calls, are being intercepted, recorded and investigated? And pursued?

Relax, Jasper, nobody's staying up late nights checking on your cell-phone/internet messages!
I think Mohammad Atta would agree with that statement (were he not burning in Hell at this moment).

The number of law enforcement agents that would be required to go through just one day of cellular phone calls in the United States, would be staggering! And tomorrow brings a few more millions!

Now if you were targeted for an investigation for something that you have may have done....well, watch your butt! But then, you would know better then anyone if you've done something to be targeted for, right?

National Guard at airports is a problem for you?
But it's o.k. for them to hang out in times of crisis like floods, fire and famine? Well, this [u]is[/u] a time of crisis! We are at war, you know.

The Second Amendment, however, is not as secure as you seem to think it is, and is consistently under attack by pinheaded liberals.

That's where we're vulnerable! The rest is just chatter!

Eric The(ChillOutForNow)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The 2nd is the only one of the 10 that is not completely ignored. The other nine are violated completely.

we are at war, the problem is you think it's with Araba "terrorists" and the fact is it is with the terrorists who are destroying the remains of what made this country great. Last time I checked, the folks legislating our freedoms away were in our beloved US government--not in the bush of Afghanistan.

But, hey, what the hell do I know? I don't watch CNN, and I still have the ability to discern truth from complete and utter bullshit.

Don't take this as an attack on you, Eric, because it is not. My disgust lies with the lies that are accepted as truth, and the tragic realization that the tyrants appear to be winning.

--Asked to give a toast before the prestigious New York Press Club in 1953, John Swinton, the former Chief of Staff at the NEW YORK TIMES, made this candid confession [it's worth noting that Swinton was called “The Dean of His Profession" by other newsmen, who admired him greatly]: There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey,

DJbump, if you have a problem with the national guard finally doing it's job after years of doing nothing, you're about to get a great deal more upset. The national guard's job is to, wow, GUARD the NATION. At this time of national crisis, don't you think it's kind of prudent to have big guys with automatic rifles at airports, stadiums and border checkpoints??? Would you really feel better if the govt. came out and said, " Gee, we'd love to call up the national guard and put some fundamental security measures into place, but well, to do so would make things seem so big brother-ish, we're just gonna do nothing." ? Is that better? The national guard are YOUR state brothers and sisters that are standing proud in this cold night to PROTECT your paranoid ass. They're not some crazy tryrannical federal army from hell, sent to usher in the NWO, nomatter what you may think. They live in your town, go to your churches and schools, and vote in the same booth you do. Think about that.

As far as your apocaliptic view on intelligence gathering off the internet or cell phones, I'd like to advise you to flush out your headgear, this is not new. Check out the FBI's CARNIVORE or the NSA's TEMPEST programs (just type it into google & start reading). These have been going on for a while now, and I don't see big brother in my house just yet. You also seem to forget, that while the FBI and local authorities NEED warrants to conduct wiretaps or surveilance, the CIA, DIA, NSA and and intelligence agency DOES NOT, and NEVER HAS. Why? because their primary mission is to gather accurate intel for the US, not to apprehend criminals, therefore, as the material they gather cannot be used in prosecution of you, you don't really have a say in what they listen in on, nor have you ever. The fact is that the NSA and the like DONT care about you, your wife, or the shitty turkey dinner you had last sunday. They care about words like RICIN, JIHAD, BOMB, and ASSASSINATION. Just let them do their job.

If you think that your life has been pretty good in the USA, by all means hang around. If however, you find this "new" opression too much to bear, I'd suggest you look for a new place to call home. You'll probably have to look for a long, long time before you come to find somewhere as good as this.

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why, it's true! I intercepted a secret email from him yesterday and ran it through my secret decoder
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waldo%2F0101%2Ejpg[/img]

it said

M
U
S
T
A
F
A
D
O
N
T
F
O
R
G
E
T
T
O
D
R
I
N
K
Y
O
U
R
O
V
A
L
T
I
N
E

[smoke]
View Quote

Shame on me for actually trying to read this...[:I]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#14]
That is pretty funny.....

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Of course, Echelon, Carnivore and others have been in operation for a very long time. There was no legal basis for their actions, though--that is until the passage of the recent anti-terrorism legislation.

I guess what disappoints me most is the ease with which you folks can justify the death of Liberty in a once proud nation. The ease with which folks can not only submit to their own enslavement but welcome it as "freedom" will never cease to repulse me.

This latest "threat" is just another pretext to obliterate one of the last bastions of freedom on this planet--namely the 'net. Forgive me if I am enraged by the destruction of the principles that so many have given their lives for.

The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top