Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2001 4:23:19 PM EDT
I was at my local gun range last Saturday looking for a rifle and I was going to shoot some rounds out on the outdoor range.

Well I get there and they have almost no gun's at all. The owners wife told me the weekend after the WTC attack that there store was robbed of most of there handguns up to 35 of them and a few AR-15 even the sweet 20 inch heavy barrel one that I wanted. The worst part about it is that they have not been caught yet.

This range is also in the middle of a cornfield to. If there is anyone from Bloomington IL on this site and shot at Darnels you know what I'm talking about.

This is a good friendly gun story to its just a shame.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean burglerized?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you mean burglerized?
View Quote

yep took almost everything
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A store here lost an AR a few years ago.

A guy walked in and asked to see the AR, so the counter guy pulled back the handle, locked open the bolt and handed it to him. The guy then pulls a loaded 30 rounder from his pocket, slaps it in and slams the bolt closed. He then tells everyone he is going to leave and doesn't want any trouble.

He got away, never to be heard from again.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What really blows my mind is that I have'nt heard anything about it from the media. My local TV station is anti-gun & considering I'm only about 30min. away from Bloomington you would think they would be screaming bloody murder about all of the stolen guns on the street.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
That really sucks, I met Darnall once at a CCRA meeting, nice guy.  I've never been to his range though, but with all the people near bloomington I smell a get together.
I'm down here in Champaign.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
What's wrong with those Fools at that Gun Shop?

If they had installed good burglar alarms they wouldn't have gotten burglarized.

They must be small town Ninnies. Fools.

Gun Shop near me has 3 separate alarm systems and a Air Raid Siren on the Roof all hooked to Battery Backup, and Tear Gas Cannister Spray alarms in the shop on the 2nd floor.

Plus they leave 3 German Shepards in on the ground floor at night.

Every now and then the owners take turns sleeping in a bedroom overnight in the shop. And yes, they are Heavily Armed. Nobody ever knows if anyone is there on any particular night.

They have never been robbed in over 30 years as
all would be Burglars who case the shop learn real fast what's in store for them should they attempt a break in.

If a gun shop gets robbed it's the fault of the Morons who own and operate the shop.

I hope their Insurance Rates go up for their Stupidity.

And of course they'll try and pass off the cost to the customers. Morons.

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they had installed good burglar alarms they wouldn't have gotten burglarized.

Gun Shop near me has 3 separate alarm systems and a Air Raid Siren on the Roof all hooked to Battery Backup, and Tear Gas Cannister Spray alarms in the shop on the 2nd floor.

Every now and then the owners take turns sleeping in a bedroom overnight in the shop. And yes, they are Heavily Armed. Nobody ever knows if anyone is there on any particular night.

all would be Burglars who case the shop learn real fast what's in store for them should they attempt a break in.

If a gun shop gets robbed it's the fault of the Morons who own and operate the shop.

View Quote

I know Ron and Sue Darnall.  Rest assured they are not "morons."  Please do not talk out of your silly ass about them.  They are among the finest people.  He is a Viet Nam veteran, highly skilled shooter, range owner, gunsmith, he and Sue both are very active politically and in teaching new shooters, especially women.  Do not denigrate them.  Do not.
View Quote

I don't know them but I'll go with Beekeeper on this. Don't blame the VICTIM of a crime. Isn't it a shame that we have to go into all the steps they might have taken to protect their property from thieves. Isn't it a shame that the shop owners near you need to put nuclear level security on their shop, and you think it's NORMAL.

Anyone can be victimized by crime. It just takes a determined or lucky criminal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I know Ron and Sue Darnall.  Rest assured they are not "morons."  Please do not talk out of your silly ass about them.  They are among the finest people.  He is a Viet Nam veteran, highly skilled shooter, range owner, gunsmith, he and Sue both are very active politically and in teaching new shooters, especially women.  Do not denigrate them.  Do not.
View Quote

I'll second that. They are two great people they are vary friendly and helpfully they treat there costumers right.

They live right next to here shop and who ever did this got in and out of there in no time flat and know the place very well. Also what is an alarm going to do ya it may wake up Ron so that he could try and go over there and stop a unknown amount of people with his gun's? That would be just crazy for him to do that.

Ok you say the alarm would call out the PD. Well if you ever been around there they are two miles off the main street in the middle of a cornfield.

It takes the PD around here 45mins to answer a call for a (true story) woman who crazy X-boyfriend is trying to kill her and they tell here they would have been there sooner but they where watching the people trying to get DUI's at beer feast that was two blocks away from her house. Bolt223 think before you talk please and know the hole story.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, that sucks!
I was just there Saturday for a defensive pistol class.  I thought the shop looked a little sparse.  I had never been there before but they were really nice people.  And yes, the place is pretty far from anywhere.
That REALLY sucks.  [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top