Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2007 11:44:38 PM EDT
Gee, I wonder WHO is smuggling the weapons(that Americans won't)

WARNING: Take your blood pressure medication BEFORE reading this article

Gonzales: U.S. Trying to End Mexico Arms
Jun 8, 2007
MARK STEVENSON, AP
http://www.examiner.com/a-771366~Gonzales__U_S__Trying_to_End_Mexico_Arms.html
CUERNAVACA, Mexico (Map, News) - Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Friday that Washington is taking steps to address Mexican concerns the U.S. is not doing enough to stop illegal weapons from being smuggled across the border and into the hands of brutal drug gangs.

A meeting here of attorneys general from the U.S., Mexico and six other Latin American countries focused on Mexican complaints weapons from the United States are fueling a wave of cartel-related executions and violent crime that is battering the nation.

"We are concerned about the number of weapons coming into Mexico and Central America illegally from the United States," Gonzales said. "There is more that we can do, and we are looking to do, to try and stem the flow of illegal weapons into Mexico."

Gonzales, who is embroiled in a controversy over the Justice Department's firing of eight federal prosecutors last year, said that officials engaged in "very frank, sometimes tough discussions."

Mexico is battling drug cartels responsible for a recent spate of executions, and has sent thousands of police and troops to several states. Nearly two dozen people were gunned down in separate incidents - many apparently drug-related - across the country on Thursday, local media reported.

Mexican officials have repeatedly complained that the U.S. must do more to stop the flow of potent weapons - including assault rifles and even .50-caliber machine guns - that drug gangs often purchase in the United States.

"The firepower we are seeing here has to do with a lack of control on the (U.S.) side of the border,"
Patricio Patino, Mexico's top anti-drug intelligence official, said last month. "What we have asked the American government ... is that they put clear controls on the shipments of weapons."

The two-day meeting that ended Friday also laid the groundwork for a future security plan to fight drug trafficking and street gangs in the region. The attorneys general agreed to call on experts to propose concrete actions on violent street gangs known as "Maras," human trafficking, money laundering and drug trafficking.

Mexican Attorney General Eduardo Medina Mora argued that combatting violence was a cross-border issue, saying: "We recognize that we can't confront this problem alone."

Gonzales agreed, and said he and President Bush were "committed to collaborating in the development of a regional security and law enforcement strategy."
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah you know how easy it is for a foreign national to buy a .50 caliber machine gun here.

EVER HEAR OF PANAMA CITY YOU FUCKING MORON?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Soooooo.......mexico wants us to............wait for it.......

CLOSE THE DAMN BORDER ALREADY?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:04:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Do they actually have real proof that 50BMG machines being smuggled into Mexico from the US?

How about cleaning up there own backyard before cleaning up ours?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing surprises me anymore regarding Bush and or/ Gonzalez.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gee, I wonder WHO is smuggling the weapons(that Americans won't)

WARNING: Take your blood pressure medication BEFORE reading this article
I don't need to in order to say:
Fuck Alberto Gonzales, Jorge W. Bush and one of their puppet masters, the Mexican gov't!  I'd tell them to kiss my ass but I don't want to get dirty!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Haha, that would be the logical solution. I`m sure they will demand that we ban our guns, for the mexican children, instead. If anyone can get the U.S. government to do  it, it is the mexican government. I`m so excited knowing that with each passing day i get closer to living in mexico, without actually having to move there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The US should build a fence (or wall) to prevent those dangerous weapons from getting into Mexico.  That's the least we can do for our peaceful neighbors to the south.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck those guys.

All of 'em.

That's all I can say.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The US should build a fence (or wall) to prevent those dangerous weapons from getting into Mexico.  That's the least we can do for our peaceful neighbors to the south.  

Roll the dice and try to be the first country in modern history to make a wall (in either direction) work....

They just... Don't...

MX needs to fuck off and realize that their black market problems are not our doing...

We need to get serious about enforcing laws that we are presently ignoring, which make this place such a great place to live in illegally...

Walls are wasted effort - just ask the French...
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#10]

A meeting there of attorneys general from the U.S., Mexico and six other Latin American countries focused on Mexican American complaints weapons illegals from the United States Mexico are fueling a wave of cartel-related executions and violent crime that is battering the nation.

Fixed.

BTW: Are they joking?
Is this an experiment to see how much the people will take?
They are asking us to stop the flow of illegal shit across the border?

"The firepower we are seeing here has to do with a lack of control on the (U.S.) side of the border,"

No shit jackass....

We've been saying that for years...

On a side note, it this the way they are gonna try to go after the .50 BMG, since none of you selfish bastards will hurry up and shoot somebody with one?
Gonna have to use Mexican statstics to get the results they need to present a case for Banning?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha, that would be the logical solution. I`m sure they will demand that we ban our guns, for the mexican children, instead. If anyone can get the U.S. government to do  it, it is the mexican government. I`m so excited knowing that with each passing day i get closer to living in mexico, without actually having to move there.

Yeah, I smell a call for more gun control coming from this instead of a more secure border

ban firearms in America........its for the children.....in mexico
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guerilla war with Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Good news, we stopped a ammo shipment from going to mexico

ICE, CBP make joint seizure along with 2 arrests
June 18, 2007
http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=6675039&nav=menu90_3
HARLINGEN, Texas - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Rio Grande Valley Border Enforcement Security Task force (BEST) members and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) yesterday arrested two individuals for attempting to smuggle ammunition through the Pharr Port of Entry.  

Amado Iracheta 27, Mexican national and Laiza Moreno, 22, United States citizen, were spotted Thursday by BEST team members purchasing ammunition from a number of McAllen, Texas, stores. After making their purchases, they drove to the Pharr Port of Entry, and this is where they were both arrested. According to ICE reports, the couple allegedly provided a negative declaration to CBP inspectors this making them a little suspicious. A search of the vehicle led to the discovery and seizure of 200 cartridges of .40 caliber ammunition, 31 magazines and more than $2,000.00 in U.S. currency.  

Today a federal judge in McAllen charged both with violating the Arms Export Control Act. They remain in U.S. Marshal custody at this time.    

"BEST" BACKGROUNDa The RGV BEST team, now based in the ICE office in Harlingen, Texas, was first established in Laredo, Texas, in July 2005. The BEST Laredo team was formalized by the Department of Homeland Security in response to significantly increased border crime and violence in the south Texas border area, specifically in the adjacent border cities of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, and Laredo, Texas.  This crime increase has been attributed to the ongoing battle between the Gulf and the Sinaloa drug cartels.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd like to see some numbers on just how many weapons are going from gunshows in the US to Mexico.

The idea that MS-13ers can smuggle drugs, sex slaves, and tons of illegals across the border of several nations INCLUDING OURS and yet they are forced to buy civilian legal weapons in the United States....

Well....

That just doesn't pass the smell test.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd like to see some numbers on just how many weapons are going from gunshows in the US to Mexico.

The idea that MS-13ers can smuggle drugs, sex slaves, and tons of illegals across the border of several nations INCLUDING OURS and yet they are forced to buy civilian legal weapons in the United States....

Well....

That just doesn't pass the smell test.

NOTHING about our border passes the smell test
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, what a joke.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow - there is a lot of irony in this whole thing.

The Mexican authorities need to wake up and realize that the culture of lawlessness on the border is 100% their fault.  By facilitating or downright endorsing the illegal immigration pileline, they have turned their country into a conduit for all sorts of bad man and activities up from central and southern America.

You want to stop the ants?  Cut off the path to the sugar!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hey FUCK YOU MEXICO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top