Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 5:23:14 AM EDT
Go to www.packing.org and click on the story on the right about 'man stops woman with gun'.  An upset woman wanted revenge for losing a custody case.  She entered an attorney's office with a .357 and a molotov cocktail.  The attorney pulled his own .357 and held her at bay until police arrived.  Here is a perfect example of how the places that don't issue CCW and companies that don't allow weapons in the workplace are missing the point, and how someone being legally armed at work can prevent these tragedies.  It also shows that self defense with legal weapons does not have to mean having a body count, which is what the anti's want to see as proof of guns doing good things.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
Go to [url]packing.org[/url] and click on the story on the right about 'man stops woman with gun'.  An upset woman wanted revenge for losing a custody case.  She entered an attorney's office with a .357 and a molotov cocktail.  The attorney pulled his own .357 and held her at bay until police arrived.  Here is a perfect example of how the places that don't issue CCW and companies that don't allow weapons in the workplace are missing the point, and how someone being legally armed at work can prevent these tragedies.  It also shows that self defense with legal weapons does not have to mean having a body count, which is what the anti's want to see as proof of guns doing good things.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, Tim, I changed it.  Picky,picky,picky.  I said civilian so as to differentiate from a police officer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to see he didn't cap her... We need a lot
more stories like this to make the liberals squirm :)
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
realist, most of the time, armed citizens don't kill the bad guy, just hold them for arrest or send them scampering.  I read an article the other day by some anti and basically she was asking where is the body count of all the bad guys.  She is not aware that we are not a bunch of trigger happy fools just itching to kill somebody.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Good point, Ed.[^]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I love reading stories of the 2nd Amendment at work.  Notice the man is an attorney?  He must not be one of those lousy trial lawyers that helped put (and keep) Klinton in office.  Good post LARRY G.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Bet CNN woul'nt run this story.....oh well they saddly only seem to care about the gun related stories with bad endings. [:(]                                                                                                edited cause I am still trying to learn the icon legend,2nd time,sorry ment frown not smilie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top