Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 12:00:32 PM EDT
Do they come with the plastic hand guard or metal one?

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My STG 58 came with plastic.I like them.Lighter and still shaped for bipod.Mine also has the aluminum lower.It weighs about 11/2 to 2 pounds less.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking to buy an STG58, where's the best place to get one?  How much they running now?  I've seen them in the shotgun news for around $480, in stock.  I'll order the thing tomorrow if I can get a concensus on a good dealer with a reliable weapon... Any suggestions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm looking to buy an STG58, where's the best place to get one?  How much they running now?  I've seen them in the shotgun news for around $480, in stock.  I'll order the thing tomorrow if I can get a concensus on a good dealer with a reliable weapon... Any suggestions would be helpful.
View Quote

The ones that are in shotgun news are Centurion made and I was told on fnfal.com that they have a shady rep and you take a 50/50 chance if they will work well or not.

That is what I was told if anyone can prove me wrong please do because that would save me around $375 if I get the centurion one and thats a lot of extra's for the rifle or a few thousand more rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 I also wanted an 18" barrel and there was a $50 charge to cut and recrown the barrel.
Semper Fi
USMC03
View Quote

I did not know they charged extra for the 18" barrel on there web site there the same price?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Tayous1,
the ones I'm looking at are Austrian parts on imbel recievers (which seems to be the better quality stuff, but I dunno).

Maybe I'll jump over to FNFAL.com and see what they have to say...
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can the bipod still be folded flush with the phenolic HGs from DSA?
View Quote

raf, I have an STG58 with the plastic DSA handguards, and they are molded so that the STG bipod folds and fits very snugly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tayous1,
the ones I'm looking at are Austrian parts on imbel recievers (which seems to be the better quality stuff, but I dunno).

Maybe I'll jump over to FNFAL.com and see what they have to say...
View Quote

Yes thats true but Centurion puts them together if you looking at the ones from SOG and Wholesale guns & ammo INC I asked and they told me they where assembled by Centurion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top