Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2001 11:17:33 AM EDT
Listening to the questions from the journalists that are with Donald Rumsfeld, I am forced to come to the conclusion that these particular journalists are STUPID.

Journalist: "Can you illuminate what covert operations you might have going on in Afghanistan?"

Rumsfeld: "No, if we wanted them to be overt we would be talking about them."  

I'm sure he wanted to say "DUH!"

Since the journalists covering the White House and Pentagon are the "stars" of thier particular field, I also must come to the conclusion that journalists in general are hopelessly stupid.  

I guess this answers the question about why no one drops out of journalism to go into engineering...

[whacko]

- CD
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
They are employeed because they are "pretty" people and for the most part they can read.  Just don't ask them to think on their own.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid.
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/stupid.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
No! Some are just more "Stupid" than others.....

What Mr. Rumsfeld should have said is:

"Yes, as we speak, three seperate divisions of paratroopers have been parachuted into Afghanistan, and are now on the ground moving towards Kabul. These divisions are backed up by tanks, mobile artillery rockets launchers, dune buggies, one Battleship and at the same time an "Amphibious Landing" by the 1st Marine Division is taking place." Any more questions???
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#5]
"Yes, uh how can we do an amphibious landing in Afghanistan?"...

[;)]

- CD
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Yes, uh how can we do an amphibious landing in Afghanistan?"...

[;)]

- CD
View Quote

Easy you dummy!

We brought 3 miles of unused beaches from Guam with us. The Guamanian's said that we could use their beach as long as we needed. We had offers from Okinawa for using their beach but according to their "Constitution" it might have presented some problems!!!.....Next question please...Helen, Please sit up straight in your chair before asking any questions.....Thankyou!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely STUPID!

But....  remember that the Klinton Administration used to give them all confidential info and let 'em set up film crews on the beaches prior to troop arrival.  

Thank GOD Gore didn't win !
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The proper answear...

"Yes we can talk about and this are the details:
In about 12.7 minutes the first  50 MT nuclear weapon will strike at 8 miles from here...since I am a soldjer I'm expected to die here...what about you?"

Take over the camera and record the journalist beating his ass with his heals...
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
They are, for the most part, clever, shallow, arrogant people who have no loyalty except to the headline and their career.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"journalists in general are hopelessly stupid."  Yep
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Its all about the story to them! Everything and everybody else comes second.....Or third.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
YES!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree, STUPID. Or hard of hearing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#14]
They are stupid.  Looks what comes out of their mouths.[puke]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Journalists have become the most strident of all patriots ever since they came together to form a proud American coalition during the hours of reporting from ground zero.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, they did it again.  After the initial set of strikes on Afghanistan, they come up with "What are your next set of targets?" to ask the pilots.

What a bunch of morons.

- CD
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#17]
You would think they`d stop asking questions of a classified nature????......they certainly are pushy bastards if nothing else!.....[grenade]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#18]
These people don't know the difference between their @$$hole and a hole in the ground.  They don't really want to know either, a lot of these people are from the peace and free love generation, and don't like these messy wars and dangerous guns.  Unlike their predecessors years ago, where they do a lot of research before asking questions, these folks just kind of show up and ask questions. The only difference between them and the regular ordinary people on the street, is that they have a id that says "PRESS."  It gets to the point on how I decide which TV news program(when I watch), is based on the female anchor's breast size, since they all report just about the same news anyways.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#19]
'When do you plan on launching the attack?'

From the Gulf War, some dopey journalist!

Eric The('AndFromWhatDirection?')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#20]
>>Are all journalists stupid?<<

Mmmmm-- that's a rhetorical question, right? :^)
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#21]
We need to send these guys in to ask the Taliban "where is Bin Laden" - they'll get to the bottom of it...oh, but I forget, that would be helping the country of their nationality - which is against their "code"
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#22]
"Why yes, the President has just signed legislation outlawing Afghanistan.  We start bombing in five minutes."

I miss Ron.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:44:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Doesn't this level of obscene idiocy pale compared to the level displayed by the administration of Lyndon Johnson just after the supposed Gulf of Tonkin incident?  Didn't they detail specifically the target of a Naval Airstrike, hours before it occurred, to the whole flippin' world?  I am not defending any journalists, just showing that their idiocy and incompetence (especially dealing with military matters) have been outclassed by our beloved elected leadership.
rDAm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top