Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2001 8:58:32 PM EDT
A little over a year ago, I purchased what I thought was a genuine Colt M4 upper from YTM (aka www.blackrifle.com). I didn't know much about M4 markings until I read a link today titled "M4 markings and explanation":

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42595[/url]

Curious of the fact, I dug out the m4 upper I bought from YTM and started looking for the tell tale markings.  While the identifications appear to be Colt, it was certainly NOT the real M4.  In fact, I compared it to another Colt M4 upper I purchased elsewhere, and there is definitely a huge disparities in terms of markings.  I felt something was wrong when this upper arrived with an A2 birdcage that looked worn (35% of it is bare metal) coupled with a chipped M4 hand guard.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had bad experience with YTM?  I just hope my case was isolated and that it was a honest mistake?

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought several items from YTM for several years. They are even recommended by Colt as a source of parts in armorers school. That said, I think you got caught in the "garage sale" of parts Colt put on to raise some cash a little over a year ago. These were often parts that didn't make the milspec grade, and were not bad enough to trash. So, they threw a bunch of the borderline stuff together and aired it out. Didn't help Colt's name a lot. It did however, raise some capital when they were in dire need due to the BS lawsuits brought by a bunch of money grubbing politicians. YTM merely sold what they could get from Colt. All the really good stuff went into the contract for M4's for XVIII Airborne Corp and a few other M4 contracts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Stg44,
I went with YTM for the the same reason you had mentioned - authorize Colt's reseller.  Perhaps I got caught in a bad time.  Thanks for your reply.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The web site had been showing out of stock for some time now. I tried to pull it up. No response. I'll try the phone # tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
About two months ago, an employee stated they will discontinued selling Colt products as they could no longer get a hold of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top