Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 7:29:37 PM EDT
My buddy had his guns stolen by some lowlife scumbags a couple days ago. I hope they stole them to use on themselves but in case they try to sell them, here is a list;

Russian SKS model 56, 7.62x39, red laminated stock, like new condition. Serial no. CCCP09305 The rifle also has importer markings from C.D.I. in Vermont

Colt Defender .45acp Satin nickle or stainless (not sure which). ser no. DR12462 This gun has a ported barrel and I beleive it has Hogue wraparound grips.

Taurus PT99AF 9mm. (Beretta copy) ser no. TMB96079D This gun has a satin stainless finish

Glock model 27 .40S&W compact. ser no. DMW287US

Along with these guns, they stole buttloads of ammo, mags and accessories.

If anyone knows anything about this or sees these guns for sale anywhere, please contact me immediately by email or telephone. The local LEOs don't seem to give a rats ass. They didn't even take any prints or question the punks who were hanging in the neighborhood that night.

Greg

[email protected]
937-313-6501

Cross posted to Equipment exchange

edited the SKS (Russian not chinese)
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that really sucks!!!
It's amazing how freakin lazy some LEO's are. I had a few things stolen out of my jeep a few years ago & I practically had to beg to get the LEO to try to lift some prints. His attitude was that you'll probably never get your stuff back anyway.
Your buddy would have better luck hunting down the scumbags himself. I'll pass the list around to my friends that run in the gunshow circuits.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent your list to a cop buddy in Bellevue, NE, the next large town south of Omaha.

Randy
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be doing a gun show in Ft. Calhoun, NE this upcomming weekend. I can put some stolen gun fliers at the door so dealers can be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the area and I'll look through the pawn shops on Monday for them. I'll also hand them the list with serial numbers. They'll show up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
i will also keep my out out for em just in case
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I will keep a list at the shop, and look at another shop that pretty much buys all his stock at gunshows
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in Omaha, I will check out the local pawn and gun stores this week.
What are the deatails of the theft
Where when how?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey,

For those of you that are looking around and want to write down another serial number, my Defender was stolen in Manhattan, Ks awhile back.

DR05299

Thanks

Matt
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I passed it on and printed it out, Coltshooter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey,

For those of you that are looking around and want to write down another serial number, my Defender was stolen in Manhattan, Ks awhile back.

DR05299

Thanks
View Quote

You too, guy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I got this back from another list.

You might try listing them on [url]www.isthisgunstolen.com[/url]

Robert
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone for your help and your concern. Here's what happened;

My buddy was moving to a new house and he only had help on one day. They finally finished moving everything into the house after midnight, not sure exactly what time. All the helpers left and my buddy and his girl went to drop off the rental truck so he wouldn't have to pay for another day. When they got back, an hour or so later, say 3-4 A.M., not really sure of the exact time, walked in and .......

They took his girlfriends purse, wallet credit cards, everything. Guns, and on and on. Of course, no one saw anything. While they were moving in, my buddy said he noticed some late teen, early twenty, kids hanging out on the porch a couple doors down. He says they were there still when he went to return the truck but they were gone when he got back.

He told the cops all of this and they wouldn't even go down and talk to the punks, look around or anything. The cops told my buddy "yeah, we've had trouble with that family many times before and they probably had something to do with it". Yet, they won't even go down there cause they have no proof.

What kind of Bullshit is that? I think the LEOs in his area are too busy shining up their crack pipes!

I told my buddy (Chuck) I would post here for him because I new I could get alot of exposure and help for him. As soon as he gets his new phone hooked up I can provide his number for direct correspondence if anyone has a lead.

Thanks again guys.

Greg
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So your guns get stolen and thats the cops fault too, huh?

Jeez, I gotta hand it to you guys, you NEVER pass up a chance to bash law enforcement, EVER!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#14]
With an attitude like that you are lucky that any of the officers even bothered to take your report[V]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Who knows, the report might have ended up in the circular file......
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With an attitude like that you are lucky that any of the officers even bothered to take your report[V]
View Quote

Once again, for those that are having trouble reading....

I didn't make any report.

My guns were not stolen

My attitude stems from a lack of interest on the part of the police in Nebraska regarding a crime committed against my friend, the gun community and society.

I feel my sarcasm is justified considering the circumstances.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm missing something here: Why didn't the LEOs go ask the puinks what they saw? Surely it could not be an illegal search just to go ask them. If said punks asked the LEOs to go self-fornicate, there would still be no probable cause and your buddy would still be SOL.

Question: Can prior convictions (ie - we've had lots of trouble with this family before) contribute to probable cause, or must there be some direct evdence that the punks were involved in this particular crime?

Another Question: Doesn't ATF require that you report stolen guns somewhere? Or is that just for Title II stuff?

Snowmaster

Quoted:
While they were moving in, my buddy said he noticed some late teen, early twenty, kids hanging out on the porch a couple doors down. He says they were there still when he went to return the truck but they were gone when he got back.

He told the cops all of this and they wouldn't even go down and talk to the punks, look around or anything. The cops told my buddy "yeah, we've had trouble with that family many times before and they probably had something to do with it". Yet, they won't even go down there cause they have no proof.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Lazy cops get poeple killed.  They are out there and that's why the RTKBA is essential.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#19]
ColtShooter
First I believe you 100% Where do they live in my town? I do not need an address[:D]just a general idea. I want to pass the word on if I know anyone in the area.
Thanks Paul
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I will keep my eyes open, I live in Omaha also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
It gets even better!!! Now its the COPS that get people killed.......doesnt have anything to do with the criminals that break into your house and steal your guns....

Oh, and it couldnt have anything to do with people who are too lazy to secure their guns in a way that they are useless even if stolen..... Like taking the bolt out or keeping the ammo in a seperate location.......maybe that should be the cops responsibility too!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#22]
They probably already sold them on the street to some drug dealer or gang member thats how it usually happens.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ColtShooter
First I believe you 100% Where do they live in my town? I do not need an address[:D]just a general idea. I want to pass the word on if I know anyone in the area.
Thanks Paul
View Quote

Since my buddy just moved, I'm not exactly sure of his new address. I know it's in Omaha or a suburb of Omaha but I don't remember the name of it. He should be calling me tonight and I'll get more details for you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It gets even better!!! Now its the COPS that get people killed.......doesnt have anything to do with the criminals that break into your house and steal your guns....

Oh, and it couldnt have anything to do with people who are too lazy to secure their guns in a way that they are useless even if stolen..... Like taking the bolt out or keeping the ammo in a seperate location.......maybe that should be the cops responsibility too!!!!!
View Quote

You must live in some utopian society I don't know about.  Here in the REAL world there are bad, lazy cops. It's a job, like any other job.  There will be people who are good at that job, and some that won't.  You are the one who generalized that ALL cops are bad, not me. I said LAZY cops get people killed, and I stand by it...

Touche' Douchbag...
[:K]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I never said that there were no bad or lazy cops, I happen to be both...(Its a Joke, take it easy cop-bashers).  And what the hell does the right to keep and bear arms have to do with bad, lazy cops like myself?  I cant wait to hear this one....

Most cops are PRO-GUN.  I think that everyone who wants to should be able to own a gun,  except in certain instances, where certain persons dont have the mental capacity to handle a gun (kinda like Troll).  Almost any cop will tell you the same thing.  Its just that the cops dont want the guns used against THEM, thats all.  Guns happen to prevent crime in my opinion.  

Everyone should be able to defend themselves, their families and their homes against the CRIMINAL ELEMENT...you know, the guys that stole Coltshooters friends guns??? Oh wait a minute, some people on this board will have you believe that it was the cops fault that the guns were stolen.

And as for the name calling, was it really necessary to go that route?  Feel Better?  I know I do, Jackass
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:48:52 AM EDT
[#26]
 First of all I would like to thank My friend "coltshooter" for posting the list of guns that were taken from me. The Bellevue police say the 2 suspects I told them about;"are not involved" also"I am not optomistic about the outcome of this case AT ALL" <~~~ another direct quote from the police.Isn't that just wonderfull news?!?!? This really sucks. The time of this break in was 09-29-01 between 04:39 CST and 05:43CST.It happened in the "Faukland Heights"area just to the south of Bryan High school.Who ever did this had to be watching us Or the Police said "It is someone that knows you" and that is really crappy.There has been a number of break-ins,burgluries and other thefts in this area;what bothers me the most is:
THE FACT: That the only time I have seen the police up here is when I have had to call them. There was one occaision last week where I saw a police car drive through the neighborhood (without having to call them).The Crime rate in Bellevue is UP! There was a story on one of the local news broadcasts about some "special operation" that the Bellevue police are conducting.I guess they even have a code name for it.I just hope they get some of these scumbags b4 anyone else has to go through this BS
If by Chance anybody finds out anything at all please call the bellevue police 402 293-3100.
or you can contact me at [email protected]
Oh yeah that other defender serial number is duly noted and I will be looking for that as well as my stuff @ the pawn shops and upcoming gunshows.there are some used defenders around here at 2 places I will check them again.
Thanx for all your help and input guys
CHUX
oh yeah ;I think someone has "duh" as the last part of their name for a reason.........
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Cops are taught to be straight when it comes to things like this.  They wont lie to you about your chances of getting ANYTHING back in a burglary.  I work in a place with the highest burglary rate in NYC because where I work is a close commute to Manhattan.  I have never heard of anyone getting anything back in a burglary.
THAT is why the cop said he wasnt optimistic about your case.  Would you prefer false hope?
Should he call you every day and tell you that they are making progress, when in fact theyre not?

As for never seeing the cops in your neighborhood, thats usually a good thing.  The cops you see in marked cars are RESPONDING to 911 calls.  If you dont see cops on your block, there probably isnt much going on there.  As for them being everywhere you expect them to be, it just cant be done, you would have to multiply the force by ten.

A single car can be responsible for a whole neighborhood depending on the size of the city/ department.  He has to answer every 911 call that comes in.  In my dept that usually means 20 - 30 jobs in an 8 hour tour.  No meal hour, no potty breaks, I use 911 callers bathrooms because I dont have the time to go back to the stationhouse.

This 20-30 911 jobs takes up every minute of my tour.  There is no such thing as cruising around looking for crime, I just respond to past crimes.  Thats all I have time to do.  Do you want me cruising around waving Hi to the old ladies on their front porch, or do you want me to respond to the accident where your little sister is pinned in the overturned car?  Past crimes are just that, PAST CRIMES.  The professionals are in and out of your home in under 5 minutes.  It takes almost that long for the 911 call to get screened, sent from the 911 oper. to the police dispatcher, then dispatched to the radio car.  The we have to add in the driving time to the location.  The theives are long gone.

There are people out there like car thives, who do burglaries as a profession, just like you or me goes to work every day, well so do they.  They are good at what they do and these days, because of the technology available to them, we are cathching them (rarely) with a guy on the corner with a motorola talkabout and a police scanner.  They are good at what they do and they have the edge, they hear and see us coming long before we get there.

Finally, I would think that eventually these guns will turn up due to the fact that they are serial numbered and you just cant walk around the street with a gun.  Its not like a TV set.

BTW, Are you guys capable of any kind of intelligent conversation at all that doesnt revert to name calling?  Grow up.  You might find that your attitude is a big factor when dealing with the police.

I wish you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#28]
It's a long shot, but there is a Gun Show this weekend in NH and I'll keep an eye out and bring the list with me.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to the site Chuck. There are alot of good people here and I'm sure they'll be watching for your guns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#30]
And the moral of this story is to buy the most gun safe you can afford! Note to Chuck and Coltshooter this is not ment as a flame or insult---I just believe as a gun owner having a safe is not an option. I hope you get your guns back! Stranger things have happened! My bud had a 9mm AR ripped of from his shop and 3 months later it showed up at a drug dealers ,still in new unfired condition, during a raid. It was registered so he got it back a few months after it was confiscated by local LE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn,I shore would love to get my hands on some a$$ that would do something like that.
Even if your a F*ing scum bag there are somethings you don't do.
These guys have to be the very lowest of the low!

To take a mans guns just ass bad as F*ing is wife!

I hope you get him and post a pic of his a$$ on a long rope to show others what you get.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I work at a shop in Lincoln so I'll keep a eye out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So your guns get stolen and thats the cops fault too, huh?

Jeez, I gotta hand it to you guys, you NEVER pass up a chance to bash law enforcement, EVER!!
View Quote

Well, we all hate generalities, but I had a friend in Charleston, SC who went so far as to videotape drug dealers next to his house selling crack.  He gave the videos to the cops, and they said they "knew about those guys."  But nothing was ever done.  Nobody arrested, nobody even brought in.

I want to think the best of LEO's.  But when shit like this happens, what can you say?

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you ARnSC for proving my point....

btw.... We cannot arrest someone for 'selling drugs' on videotape.  Is it actually drugs?  Is the detail THAT good in the videotape that we can see a tiny bag half the size of a stick of gum and even see inside?  Does the tape have sound?  Can we hear the dealer saying "Here be yo twenny dollas wortha crack" or the buyer saying"Thank You Mista Drug dealer fo dis twenny dollas wortha crack"

When someone is arrested for drug possession or drug sales, we actually have to recover the narcotics....how can we prove possession or conspiracy to sell said drugs without recovering the narcotics to show the jury in court?  Unfortunately, our word that there were drugs is not enough to prove guilt in court.  Furthermore, the drugs then have to be tested to see in fact if they are actually drugs, or just baking soda or rock candy or oregano.....

And when the cop told you that we already know about them, maybe they ALREADY KNOW about them.  Maybe there are undercovers doing buys, or they are videotaping to build a case.  Maybe it is a really big operation and they are doing a joint operation with the DEA, and the last thing they need is a uninformed patrol cop to go up to the location and let the drug dealers know that the cops are onto them...

Sorry, but there are alot of maybes when you dont have both sides of the story....

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thank you ARnSC for proving my point....

Can we hear the dealer saying "Here be yo twenny dollas wortha crack" or the buyer saying"Thank You Mista Drug dealer fo dis twenny dollas wortha crack"
View Quote

Uh, shouldn't that read; Yo, mufu tanks for dis twenny dollas worfa yank. ( I took a crash course in ebonics once when I was locked up for a DUI, nice, real nice)

Sorry, but there are alot of maybes when you dont have both sides of the story....

View Quote

I completely agree with you there. You should heed that advice too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Coltshooter, did your friend hear anything new from the police?  Has he spoken to the detective assigned to the case yet?  Any progress at all?  Get back to me
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I last talked to Chuck 2 days ago. Nothing from the police yet but he did have a major "coincidence" that might develope into something.

One of his buddie's friends was approached by a young black and offered a pistol that exactly matched the description of one of Chuck's stolen guns. He immediately gave the info to the cops and I guess they are following up on it.

I'll post more as soon as I hear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Best of Luck to your friend.......just be careful....these are stolen GUNS, not bikes or cars....These guys are probably pretty dangerous to be selling stolen guns... Not your average crackhead looking for the quick fix.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Not likely those stolen guns will turn up on a table at a gun show, or pawn shop. Contrary to popular belief, those guys have to jump through the same hoops as  any other legitimate dealer.
Best chance of recovery will be incidental to a shakedown & bust on some other crime.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#40]
What's the current status???
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Mots of da dudes dat I seent at da gat shos is lejjit. Dim gats has gots to turn up in homie's hands! So, word to da mofukin streets, give dude back his gats and I'll buys ya'll a forty of OE800 or Schlitz Malt Liquor!
That ought to do it! Good luck guys!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm missing something here: Why didn't the LEOs go ask the puinks what they saw? Surely it could not be an illegal search just to go ask them. If said punks asked the LEOs to go self-fornicate, there would still be no probable cause and your buddy would still be SOL.

Question: Can prior convictions (ie - we've had lots of trouble with this family before) contribute to probable cause, or must there be some direct evdence that the punks were involved in this particular crime?

Another Question: Doesn't ATF require that you report stolen guns somewhere? Or is that just for Title II stuff?

Snowmaster

View Quote

Well, it would go something like this:

Cops:  Hey, punk kids, did you steal the guns?

Punk kids: Nope.

Cops:  OK, bye now.

And it would end at that.  Asking these kids will get nowhere because no criminal is going to flat-out tell the truth when asked an incriminating question.  They cannot be arrested for standing on the porch a few houses down before the crime because that proves nothing at all.  Their past criminal history has nothing to do with the gun theft and it cannot be used agaist them in any way either.  The officers are not to blame here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't think anyone "BLAMED" the cops. We were just very disatisfied by their lack of enthusiasm towards solving the crime.

Put yourself in my buddies shoes, someone steals your babies and the only people you can go to seem bothered that you called.

It's easy to watch someone else take a loss and pass judgement on them for how they act. To take the loss yourself puts an entirely different perspective on things.

I'm just plain mad! Flame me all you want but Chuck is my friend and I feel his loss....

Greg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top