Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 6:06:09 PM EDT
Hey all.  I'm looking for a new neck knife to take over for my recently sent-to-the-bottom-of-the-river CRKT Stiff Kiss.  It was a great knife and having it made me a believer in carrying a good fixed blade knife handy for all kinds of tasks.  I like the concealability and omnipresence of the neck sheath, too.  In short neck knives rock, IMHO!

So what recommendations do you have for me here?  Price isn't a big deal, say $100 tops.  I'd be using it primarily as a survival and utility tool so it should have a straight and very sharp blade.  Suggestions...?

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a Cold Steel Mini Tac that works well for me.  It's the plain edge tanto version and is as sharp as a scalpel.  It's not as small as the Stiff KISS but it fits my hand quite nicely (with the kraton rubber covered handle) and doesn't weigh all that much.  If you're worried about bulkiness, the extra thickness of the handle doesn't really add much to the overall dimensions of the knife.  It comes with a concealex sheath and goes around your neck with a piece of attached paracord.

hsld.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a bit big, but the Cold Steel Culloden is worth a look.  Maybe a mini-culloden.  Carbon V so rust may be a problem but sharpness won't be.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Like Phil_in_Seattle, I was going to recommend the CRKT Stiff KISS.  Great product at a great price.

SDC
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of the Livesay neck knives.  Simple, sharp, hard as hell.  Do a search for wicked knife company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top