Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/6/2001 2:00:54 PM EDT
Hey fellow wisconsinites, I live in the far northern part of the state, Ashland to be exact. Curious to see where the rest of you guys are from, maybe hook up with some of you and do some shooting.

[beer]       [heavy]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Crosshairs!  La Crosse is where I call home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey guys!
  Seems like more and more Wisconsinite around here. I am from the Appleton Area. Looking to get my first AR soon. Can't wait.

-Jared
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Eagle River
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
C'mon guys I know theres more than four of us.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Eau Claire.  Still looking to buy my first AR.  I need something new to spice up my range time.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Madison.  I know that there are several Wisconsin members here.  A few of them have contacted me to go shooting.  Maybe we should try to organize a range day for everyone before it snows.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Muad_Dib - A range day would be great.  Where do you propose this go down?  I wouldn't mind putting on some miles if I could meet some members - as long as they wouldn't mind teaching a newbie a little something about ARs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Near Fond du Lac
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I'm in south central WI.  And I've got to haul a** because there's a Packer game on at 3 and I want some serious range time yet today [X]!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Muad_Dib - A range day would be great.  Where do you propose this go down?  I wouldn't mind putting on some miles if I could meet some members - as long as they wouldn't mind teaching a newbie a little something about ARs.
View Quote

That's a good question.  I only know of three ranges around me.  All of which you have to be members.  I'm a member of the only one that has an adequate rifle range (100m outdoors).  It's the Deerfield Rod & Gun Club, just North of Deerfield about 30 miles East of Madison.  They also have a skeet range, bow range, 25m pistol range, and on Saturdays there's a bar on site that's open and I think serves sandwiches and stuff (I might be wrong).  There's usually a couple of old guys shooting the shit inside, killing time on Sat.  I almost never go into the bar.  

If it's just two or three guys I think we'll be able to just show up and shoot.  If it's more than that, I'd feel better trying to get permission for a group.  I don't want to tick off the only good range near me.  It's been an awfull mess lately.  People haven't been picking up brass and are leaving targets of Bin Laden laying around.  If we offer to clean up we might be able to get the range for free.  I honestly don't know what the rules are regarding groups though.  I'll have to check.

I'd be willing to travel some as well.

Lemme know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Any more Wisconsin members?  C'mon, log in and tell us where you are at.  It would be great to get something going before the big freeze.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the big freeze is tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
True.  I should have said "before we're doing more shoveling than shooting".

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#14]
btt
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Muad_Dib - Your setup sounds a lot like the Eau Claire Rod & Gun Club where I shoot.  Great for small groups - but probably not a likely spot for a group as large as I would like to see.  

Anyone else have a good spot to get together?  C'mon, I'll bring the chips.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I live out side of Superior. I know there is one other guy on here that lives in Superior Inferno I think
Gary
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
btt
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
kenosha here. I have a great place to shoot but probally to far south for most of ya.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I see we have a couple guys in the far north. Really good to see everybody jumping in on this also. We need more ppl here from this excellent state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm right between Milwaukee and Madison.  I would love to see a group outing, but I don't really have time to take the lead either :-(

Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I think we've got enough guys to take Canada. Can everyone take a weeks vacation at the end of the month?!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I live near sparta[usa]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]
 Deep-cover operative Prebans checking in from the Republik of Milwaukee.  [:D]

Mike
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I live in Port Wing, but I'm in the dorm at UW superior during the week.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#25]
A shoot would be cool, but I do all of my shooting in my back yard.[50]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Have guns, will travel.

The First Annual Wisconsin Black Rifle Shoot....

Anyone a member of the Stoughton range?  I hear that it's pretty big (and has a 200 yard range), though I've never been there.

Oh, and I don't think that Deerfield would work.  They're really concerned about members only shooting.  We'd have to get approval at a monthly meeting.  It's probably too small, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like its all set, a big shoot in ARBen's backyard.....

[heavy]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#28]
[:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Have guns, will travel.

The First Annual Wisconsin Black Rifle Shoot....

Anyone a member of the Stoughton range?  I hear that it's pretty big (and has a 200 yard range), though I've never been there.

Oh, and I don't think that Deerfield would work.  They're really concerned about members only shooting.  We'd have to get approval at a monthly meeting.  It's probably too small, anyway.
View Quote

If this is going to be an annual deal, we need to pick a warmer month [:)]

I've never been to the Stoughton range but I heard exactly the opposite.  Though it sounds like maybe I'm just missinformed.

You're right about Deerfield.  We'd definitely have to get approved at the monthly meeting.  And its starting to sound like we've got a large group.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
You're from Madison, right?

How often do you get to Deerfield?  I'm a member there too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#31]
i'm from superior.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Madison, WI here. I shoot at the Winnequah Club near Lodi but I have to pay up and get the new key. I would love to go blast with some new people!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You're from Madison, right?

How often do you get to Deerfield?  I'm a member there too.
View Quote

Yep, Madison.  I don't get out there as often as I want to.  I tend to go in spurts.  Sometimes a lot, sometimes it seems like forever before I go again.  Between work/school/new wife/family/etc... I can't seem to find the time or $ to go.  I'm dying for a reason though.  A group shoot sounds like a great excuse to blow some $ on ammo. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#34]
One thing I like about UW Superior, despite the liberal prof.'s, is that there is a .22 range in the basement of one of the building and they offer pistol and rifle coarses! I just wish they wouldn't make us lock up our guns with campus security. [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Lake Geneva Wisconsin! I shoot at the Delavan Sportsman's club where I have been a member for about ten years. Membership fee is $35 per year, you get a gate key and can come and go as you please. There is a 100 yrd, 50yrd, and 25 yrd ranges, archary range, trap and skeet also. Most of the board members are the trap and skeet guys, a small minority when it comes to the overall number of range members who shoot there. They make the rules, and look down the noses of most of the rifle range shooters. There was talk of banning .50 BMG rifles because the trap weenies thought they were too loud! Very nice place to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#36]
gunguyr,

I was shooting at the Sparta Gun Club a couple of weeks ago.  Took a couple of "newbies" out to shoot.  They have a decent range there and a member can bring friends along for free.  Cost of membership is $10.00/year.  Also, the Holmen Gun Club is one of the nicest I've seen.

The only problem with a shoot at a gun club during this time of year is all the other members that show up to practice with their deer rifles.  They get very annoyed with us black rifle fans when they are shooting!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm right between Milwaukee and Madison.  I would love to see a group outing, but I don't really have time to take the lead either :-(

View Quote

Went to "Oilgear School" in Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#38]
eeewwwww!!!!

I stepped in cheese..

[IMG]http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/laughing/lol2.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
eeewwwww!!!!

I stepped in cheese..

View Quote
ha ha I do belive we talked before and you were a cheese head at one time.. Or was it you just liked our bars.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#40]
btt
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
eeewwwww!!!!

I stepped in cheese..

View Quote

Yes sir, you are correct. I spent a few months in Appleton. Now I'm back home on the Iron Range of Minnesota.

ARben, I've been in the indoor range at UWS!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#42]
While not living in WI, I live all of about 10 min from the border in McHenry County. And my parents just bought another house way up in Oconto.

Close enough if there was ever a WI shoot...

Av.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#43]
ARben;  you could keep your guns at my house, they would get great care and regular shooting and cleaning.  heheh.  how often do you go to the range?  

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm in Minneapolis... could make a western Wisconsin location.

Lived in Oshkosh for 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#45]
So have we come to a decision yet?  Where are we going to do this and who is volunteering to organize it?   We need to get the ball rolling. I hate looking for brass in 2 feet of snow.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I haven't been able to get out yet, but I joined a student org. that gets range time. We have to go through the saftey crap for the non shooters this thursday. Hopefully I'll be able to learn some stuff, I guess the instructor is pretty experienced. It's just .22s, but I take what I can get!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is a list of Wisconsin ranges from the NRA range finder
[url]http://www.nrahq.org/shooting/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=WI[/url]

Lets hear some votes!  I'll volunteer to organize everything as long as y'all reimburse my time with some time shooting your toys. [:)] It's only fair if we divide up any range fees between us all.  Because we'd be going as a group, some ranges may require that we purchase insurance to cover their and our asses in case anything goes wrong.  We will also need to know exactly how many of us are getting together.

Since I'll be the one making the arrangements, only vote for places with telephone numbers please.

I'll give each of you two votes.

Mine are:
Lodi
Stoughton
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Wausau  

The Duane Corbin range here has been said to be the best public ranges in all of the midwest, and I'd have to agree.

Drop me a note if you want to check it out.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Another Eau Claire "NUT" present and accounted for.
[%|]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Sorry I didn't jump in sooner, just saw the post. I live in Waukesha County.

Lodi or Stoughton works for me.

Tom
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top