Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2001 1:21:20 PM EDT
Hey, thanks to those who responded to my "Gunshow Wisdom" post. The information was amazingly accurate. I actually saved $60 by following the advice "don't buy until you've walked the whole show". Seems like the sellers near the door had the highest prices and counted on people buying at first sight.

Anyway, I wound up getting:

1000rds of Q3131A- $190
1000rds of G223B loaded in LC brass - $150
500rds of 9mm -$60

all including tax. I know some of you guys can beat those prices but at least I don't feel like I got ripped off.

Overall, the atmosphere was good. There were two sellers who appeared to not want my money for whatever reason. I did think it would be more rednecky, especially here in GA.  Oh, yeah...I did see the "ex-Green Beret, ex-Delta, ex Pararescue types and heard lots of tall ones.
But it was nice how people discussing guns and stuff didn'really mind you listening in and trying to learn.

Man, you guys prepared me well. I feel any first-time gunshow visitor would benefit from reading this post: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=56898

I think taht entire post show be added to the information section as a permanent feature.

Thanks everyone and happy Shooting,
Nobby

P.S. Some guy had two clear brownish plastic 30rd AR mags he wanted to sell for $50 each. I think the brand was Pro-Mag or something. I thanked the man and moved along. So what did I miss? A dud or a bargain?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pro Mags = Duds.

Good call passing on those
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Could have been Eagle mags.....I've got one, but haven't tried it out.  Definitely not worth $50 each.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I just rembered the name of the mags I was talking about. They were Ram-Line mags.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you go to the cobb county civic center show?

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you go to the cobb county civic center show?

[beer]
View Quote

No, I went to the one at the Macon Centreplex. Are the Cobb County ones any good?
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who is having a show in Macon? I checked the two I know of and they were not there this weekend. I also checked the web page for the Centreplex and they did not list it either. Are they there Sunday also? Was there much at the show?
View Quote

The show runs 6-7 Oct at the Macon Centreplex (Coliseum) and it's 6 bux to get in. Double check your sources.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I received my SG catalog today and on the frontpage they had winchester .223 for $75 per 500.  If you use the coupon it would be like $65 per 500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top