Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2001 3:01:23 PM EDT
Well, after reading and posting here since the old board, probably about 2 1/2 years ago, I'm out of here!

When I first came here, I was new to ARs and got a lot of useful information here. I wandered into the general discussion forum, and found some cool people posting interesting things. Sure you had to wade through some of the jerks, but for the most part, it was troll-free.

Now everytime I come here I see assholes making comments about other people, smart-ass threads being responded to by smart-ass answers. I'm sure you're sitting there saying "we'll, don't read it then" and that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks to all the cool people here, as there are many, but you are outweighed by immaturity. It's just no fun anymore. No need for the "don't let the door hit ya" typical responses.....I'm not gonna be here to read them, but if it makes ya feel that much better, and you want to let everyone know you're one of the ones I'm talking about.....go right on ahead
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I always wonder about the need to post the "I'm leaving" message. Whenever I got fed up with a board (There's been two in the past), I just left.

So what do these people hope to prove?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
edited

[img]http://216.105.37.221/images/gif009.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I typically don't respond to these sorts of threads but I feel this one time I need to hop in and just vent my opinion if only for a moment.

I can't remember when the last time was that I actually spent more than 5 minutes browsing the forums or going deep into the pages looking for interesting topics.    Either it's been covered before or the thread's topics alone hint at the nature of their contents be it boring or a flame fest.

I'm right there with you in that I don't need to read that sort of thing nor do I want to bother with it, hence the reason I've resorted to skimming all the forums that typically interest me only clicking on those topics that seem most promising.

By doing this I figure that I manage to avoid atleast 70% of the threads that are considered to be "problem" threads.

When you find a decent thread and you start taking part in the discussion and you come back later to find it once again, by all means use the search feature of the forums that way you don't have to go through pages of topics to find it again.    Just search for your user name and fill in the criteria that fit with the thread.   It saves so much time it's not even funny and then you don't have to sort through several various topics no matter how lame they might seem.

It's made for a less stressful surfing experience in my opinion and for some reason I feel like saying it now, there are members of the forum that typically I avoid like the plague whenever possible even to the point that I won't even reply in the same thread as them based upon past comments that I've seen them make.   It really isn't that hard to avoid that which causes you stress on the forums or turn your eye to it, plenty of people are doing it every day on these forums.

But if you do in fact decide to leave then I hope we've been a help and that you can pass on any valuable knowledge you've obtained over the years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
This is some funny shit!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=57877&page=2[/url]

I thought you were leaving, but then you post on another thread????
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Hilarious! Keep up the pressure Schnacke!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Somebody call whoever is next on the waiting list to register and tell them we have room now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
69 posts in almost three years?

Choi.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

need for the "don't let the door hit ya" typical responses.....I'm not gonna be here to read them, but if it makes ya feel that much better, and you want to let everyone know you're one of the ones I'm talking about.....go right on ahead
View Quote

L8Tr L8mR

AR50Troll
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I take it that every one of your 65 posts was a true pearl of wisdom?
View Quote

as i write this, he's up to 69.  guess he wasn't in any big hurry to leave after all.

i too find it funny that people have to make a big deal out of leaving.  earlier this year, i got so pissed about a few posts, that i decided to take a hiatus from AR15.com (without telling anybody) and cool down, collect my thoughts, etc., etc., etc.  after that 2 month hiatus, i came back.  rethought some of my actions and i'm much happier here now.  i've even made a lot of friends that i would have missed out on.

long story short:  just like everything else in this world, AR15.com is what you make of it.  if you only choose to see the bad/negative, that's all you'll every find.

here's to an premature welcome back to silverstrand_pat. [;D]   "you can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave."  (or something like that.)

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
cya
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I have always thought "It is not what you take from the site but what you contribute."

The fact that you no longer find AR15.com informative and or entertaining enough for you is an extremely selfish attitude.

The fact that you have been here 2 1/2 years but have only offered approx. 65 posts suggests that you in fact offer very little to the board. My suggestion is to contribute useful information and ignore what is not of substance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Bye, miss you already. You'll be remembered for a long long... what was your name again???
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/images/logos/midgets2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Just don't crawl back 2 days from now, beggin' to be let back in, like Fightin'-Illini did! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you live in Oxnard?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
...and I'm sure you'll be missed!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Were those "good" touches or "bad" touches?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bye, miss you already. You'll be remembered for a long long... what was your name again???
View Quote

What he said!  LOL![:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#26]
[50]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#27]
[soapbox]

Stop being so pissy Silver....geez.  

I'm not going to give you my standard "go away," present, 'cause you haven't been vulgar or profane.  The anonymity of the internet  should shield you from being personally insulted about "stuff."

I've left many a message board quietly......so what?? Whats the big deal?  
go away.[}:D]

(I lied)

ooopps ! forgot a word
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
69 posts in almost three years?

Choi.
View Quote

hehe, that's what I thought...and I've  only been here almost three MONTHS!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Dosvedanya, "Inactive_Member_#263"
We will remember your title with honored memories of your inactive accomplishments and lurking modesty.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, after reading and posting here since the old board, probably about 2 1/2 years ago, I'm out of here!
View Quote

One less whiner - good riddance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When I first came here, I was new to ARs and got a lot of useful information here. I wandered into the general discussion forum, and found some cool people posting interesting things. Sure you had to wade through some of the jerks, but for the most part, it was troll-free.

Now everytime I come here I see assholes making comments about other people, smart-ass threads being responded to by smart-ass answers. I'm sure you're sitting there saying "we'll, don't read it then" and that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks to all the cool people here, as there are many, but you are outweighed by immaturity. It's just no fun anymore. No need for the "don't let the door hit ya" typical responses.....I'm not gonna be here to read them, but if it makes ya feel that much better, and you want to let everyone know you're one of the ones I'm talking about.....go right on ahead
View Quote

Hey buddy... I used to be on the "old" AR15.com site, but all in all I am pretty much a newcomer.

Just wanted to throw my $0.02 in and say that what you said about the board could be said about life in general.  Isn't it every day that we wake up and go thru our lives that we come across mostly bullshit, with only a few pearls?  But what the heck... it's life.  You have been here for 2.5 years, and I have been here for only a fraction of that time.  Maybe when I get to that point I will say fuck it too. But right now I am going to wade thru the bullshit and the assholes, and try to make my "day" here on ar15... for one because I like the guns themselves.... for another, I will know bullshit when I see it, and I will step over it... and go on to the truths that are there.

Don't leave the board because of those who are shallow and don't want to be any better.  Screw them.  Look for the good.  It is here, and you will find it if you look.  The world, like AR15.com is full of assholes.  Ignore 'em.  As one friend of mine once said.... "Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck."

Just my $0.02.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#33]
What a pansy! Give the guy a passifier. WAHHHHH!!!!!! Everyone is a jackass! Too damn bad.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I just bought my first AR last month.  I'm new here.  I don't know "silverstrand_pat", or anyone else here.  But, I do feel the exact same way he does (though I am not 'leaving'....yet).

The guy makes some good points.  Yes, there is help and information to be gained here (which I for one sincerely appreciate).  However, the immature posts, the profanity, and the insults are here are simply atrocious.  Pat is CORRECT in that this garbage starts to overshadow the intelligent conversation.

I read/participate in a number of firearms forums (some quite extensively), and I must say that this one exhibits an unrivaled level of bickering, filth and immaturity.  I don't know if it is a systemic problem, or just a few individuals.  Nor do I really care, I try to ignore most of it.  

I just want to second what "silverstrand_pat" has stated.  What he says IS TRUE, as many of the replies here have demonstrated.  

Penguin
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]
[b][red]NEENER!!![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just bought my first AR last month.  I'm new here.  I don't know "silverstrand_pat", or anyone else here.  But, I do feel the exact same way he does (though I am not 'leaving'....yet).

The guy makes some good points.  Yes, there is help and information to be gained here (which I for one sincerely appreciate).  However, the immature posts, the profanity, and the insults are here are simply atrocious.  Pat is CORRECT in that this garbage starts to overshadow the intelligent conversation.

I read/participate in a number of firearms forums (some quite extensively), and I must say that this one exhibits an unrivaled level of bickering, filth and immaturity.  I don't know if it is a systemic problem, or just a few individuals.  Nor do I really care, I try to ignore most of it.  

I just want to second what "silverstrand_pat" has stated.  What he says IS TRUE, as many of the replies here have demonstrated.  

Penguin
View Quote

Well, yeah, you're in general discussion. This is where all the BS settles to. If you need a real answer to a real problem, check one of the other specific forums.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Is it possible that you have some childhood issues? Lets enter into a time of sharing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
... and I must say that this one exhibits an unrivaled level of bickering, filth and immaturity.  I don't know if it is a systemic problem, or just a few individuals.  Nor do I really care, I try to ignore most of it.  

Penguin
View Quote

Oh God!  It's just like we're family.
[>(]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Whatever...
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Cry me a river!  

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I miss you so much already! [;D]

L8terz,

Tyler
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry to hear you are leaving but if its to hot in the kitchen you know what they say, GTFO.
And let history forget ye were one of us!
GOOD BYE!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I remember posting on this sorry as topic earlier.

Someone nuked my post?
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#44]
But I love you.  You can't leave.  You promised you'd be here forever.  God dammit you CAN'T leave!  HOW COME THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME! Not again.  I'm gonna hunt you down bit*H and SLIT YOUR DAMNED SLEAZY AZZ THROAT!!!  I HATE YOU!!! I'll follow you to the ends of the earth and tell all your friends what kind of two timing backstabbing piece of vile putrid hell you really are!!!!!  And no you can't take the damned ice cube trays!  

Screw it, I'll just drink a beer instead. [:D]

Cheers, and have a good life. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I propose a quick "lock" on all these sappy goodbye posts.

Let's pause for a moment and reflect upon the error of our ways...
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:25:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I swear I was just kidding.  Really. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I swear I was just kidding.  Really. [:D]
View Quote

I paused, but just for a moment and decided not to change.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 1:55:48 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm just glad you didn't change because of me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

earlier this year, i got so pissed about a few posts, that i decided to take a hiatus from AR15.com (without telling anybody) and cool down, collect my thoughts, etc., etc., etc.  after that 2 month hiatus, i came back.  rethought some of my actions and i'm much happier here now.  
View Quote

I've been there too, and I agree.  Changing my
outlook, and some of my actions has made a huge
difference in how I feel about this board.

Quoted:
I have always thought "It is not what you take from the site but what you contribute."
View Quote

That's one of the areas I needed to work on
myself!

Quoted:
If you have a problem or an issue and you want to try to resolve it, I'm ALWAYS here for everyone. I try to get to things quickly and I try to be honest and helpful. Shit, I'm only one man, I'm busy as hell, but yet I make the effort...
View Quote

GB's telling the truth.  He and Ed [b]WILL[/b]
work with someone & try to understand whatever's bothering them.  Even if your problem manifests itself with you acting like
a complete and uninformed [b]ASSHOLE[/b] like I
did...

Here's to the Avila's & the moderators: [beer]
This site is nothing more than what we bring to
it.  If you're not happy with the board content-
make sure you "sweep off your own front porch".
It's a great place to start......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top