Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2001 11:02:04 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about the Les Bear M-4(a new ar.) I saw it in a magazine but i was wondering if any of you guys have shot one before.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Les Baer (reverse the vowels) and they make exceptionally high quality firearms.  I can not personally speak for their ARs, but I own one of their 1911 .45acp and it is awesome.  They make all of their own parts and make sure that they are oversized so that each component is hand sized and fitted to all other parts (including the pins!!!).  My 1911 had about 25 hours of hand labor put into it, which is average for their pistols.

Exceptionally high quality firearms.  It is for this reason I selected Les Baer for my CCW to protect myself and my family.  I would venture to say their ARs are awesome as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#2]
This is their first AR they ever made. I knew thier pistols were good but this is a new task for them. Making a rifle is a bit diff. than a handgun.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My two cents is dont buy anything from Les Baer.  I have had some dealings with them, and almost bought an AR from them, but to make a long story short, they dont give a rats ass about you as a customer.  Other than my personal experience, I have heard bad things from other people, and my local dealer droped them as a vendor because their service sucked.  basically, they refused to repair brand new guns that had problems.  He described their AR's as 'jam-o-matics'.  It was his opinion that Les Baer was a great company untill Les Baer Junior took it over.  Once that happened, it went to shit. Not to mention their prices are rediculously high. Anyway, im sure there are others who have had decent experiences with them, but personally i have chosen not to do business with them for these reasons.  I think most would agree, go with a Bushmaster, Colt, or Armalite.  Or maybe DPMS or Rock River...
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... He described their AR's as 'jam-o-matics'.  ...
View Quote

Was that thier pistols lately, or just their ARs?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
...[/quote]
Was that thier pistols lately, or just their ARs?
[sniper][/quote]

I believe he was referring to the AR's.  However, he had recently had a customer who bought a 1911 .45 which was shooting drastically to the left, right out of the box.  They asked Les to look at it.  He refused, claiming that it must be operator error, because 'he would never ship a gun out that wasnt sighted in'.  Obviously he had, but refused to rectify the situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top