User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2001 8:55:38 AM EDT
[url]http://www.frii.com/~gosplow/cgsa.html[/url]

What do you think of this site?

M.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the first Biblical Apologetic. Luke 22 is a great reading.

"...and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. "
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you think of this site?
View Quote

As a Christian gunowner, the parts that I read sounded good.

BTW, kramrd, I noticed your username... are you a DrMark as well?

DrMark
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I a little hesitant to try to fit firearms ownership into Scripture.

But a few points MUST be noted.

1. Jesus was NOT a pacifist. His only point when He told Peter to put His sword away at the crucifixion was that the Kingdom of God was NOT to be advanced in the same manner that the Muslim kingdom was during  the first millennium - namely, by force.

2. The Luke text is prophetic. But there is NO WAY to know WHAT period of time it refers to. it behooves the wise man to make preparations early, which IS a Scriptural teaching.

3. NOTHING in Scripture prohibits Christian from owning weapons. Anyone who says otherwise is spreading false teaching. The israelites DID NOT come to inhabit the promised land by simply asking the heathens to leave - they founght and took it, by God's command to do so.

4. The freedom to worship God was WON by means of arms. I DO NOT see anything unScriptural about the existence of America. If freedom was won with arms and by God's help (and it was) then it is my responsibility to maintain freedom in that manner.

I bookmarked that site. Seems like there is alot of good info there. They even use the AR15 to illustrate some marksmanship techniques.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top