Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 8:01:55 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could locate a cheap Ladysmith 3913 (stainless/aluminum, grey grip)?  My co-worker is interested in one.  I can do a trade to help her out if that is preferable.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe, but it would have to be an under the counter type of deal.[;)]

Sorry man. I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...My co-worker is interested in one...
View Quote

Sure she is...  

Don't worry, we won't tell anyone about your girlishly small hands.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear a 7 1/2 surgical glove if that tells you my hand size.

Actually, I have hopes for her and my (still) single brother.  Working on that aspect too.

AFARR
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
When my wife was shopping for a sidearm, we looked and handled 11ty of them.  She really liked the feel of the 3913LS. So we went to the range and rented one to shoot and found a deal where she could get an hour of private instruction and the instructor would let her swap out any gun she wanted from the rental counter.  She shot quite a few pistols that day.

She really didn't like the 3913LS's DA/SA trigger and it bit her hand a little on recoil.  She [b]really[/b] liked the Kahr K9 so we bought one and she still takes it everywhere.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Just want to know what do you have to trade?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Robbie,

Thanks for the tip.  I will definitely try one out if we can find one.  The Kahr is a possible, along with a few others.  I may wind up directing her to a revolver anyway because of cost.  

Tayous,

Misc. stuff for the trades, depending on the value of the gun (condition, mags, etc.).  I have some mags, optics, etc. to help her spread out the cash outlay (she is a single mom with Psycho ex-boyfriend problems, and needs a gun of her own--right now her Dad is around most of the time as he lives nearby and has a .45, but he can't be there for ever).  

She'll replace the things I trade away later on if necessary.  I have some good guns, but most are worth more than the LS would be.   Illinois has a 3 day waiting period on handguns, and she just now sent off for her FOID card--I will get the gun in hand, teach her to use it, and once she gets the FOID, we can start the 3 day wait.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top