Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 6:04:04 PM EDT
Need to put a better trigger in my Armalite post-ban varminter style.  I think I'll pick one of the two.  The JP is cheaper, does that mean the Jewell is better?  I know I can install the JP myself, can I install the Jewell too, or need a smith to do it?  If I get the JP, will I have to get the low-mass hammer too?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First, I have absolutely ZERO experience with the JP trigger.  The Jewell is relatively easy to install, especially if you use the tips found on [url]www.highpowerrifle.com[/url].  The Jewell is a two stage trigger (like an old mauser, an M1 or M14) and may take some getting used to.  However they are easy to adjust,hold the weight well, break crisply and have a good reputation for durability.  Georgia Precision usually has the best price on them.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Jewell's and JP's are different animals.

Jewell is the best two-stage precision target trigger I've ever used.  I have one in my long range AR right now.  It's my favorite trigger but it's for target-type shooting.  It's not a run and gun setup.

JP is an excellent single-stage "tactical" trigger.  There may be other operational triggers as good, but I've not found one better.  Crisp and not too light.  Has a really good feel.  I have two JP's right now.  One in my CavArms lower and one in my personal M4gery.

Arock out.

**Edited to correct myself.  I currently have three JP's.  There's one more in a BM Shorty AK kept as a standby.  It hasn't been fired but it's ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys rule.  Many thanks.  Spray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top