[#2]
I love mine.

Do a search.

Try:

www.hw2000talk.com
www.hsarms.com

Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice, you are not going to beat the quality for the price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My HS is the only pistol that has never malfunctioned. And I have a few pistols.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you find hi-cap mags for them? at what price? That's one of the biggest problems with the newer crop of hi-cap autos is that you can only get ten rounders for a 15 round gun, and if you can find the high cap mag it's like 75 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Certain S&W, tauraus 92, and beretta high caps fit the hs2000 with only minor alterations.

And yes, altering a high cap mag is legal, as long as it still fits/functions in the original gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got info on the highcaps,you can conv. M92 mags I have a 15rd on it's way with the gun.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one too. It looks a little cheap to me. I never shot it yet, so I can't give any info on how it shoots. I think I'm going to get some Trijicons on it. I don't really like the stock sights. I'm used to my trijicons on my Glock. I have some Promag S&W 59 mags, but I haven't converted them yet (a friend gave them to me after he sold his S&W a few years ago). I hear they are supposed to work well with the HS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Have had one for less than two weeks. The reliabilty so far is great. Ran 200 rnds through it on saturday so my fiance could get used to it. No malfunctions. Accuracy wise I wouldn't put it up aginst my glock 21 but I could put 6 of 10 inside a 2 in circle at 25', in steady fire. I bought a baretta 92 and a taurus 92 mag the same day I bought the gun. The taurus mag worked better. Put the mag body in a mill and slottted it, not a single feed problem. I did polish the feed ramp before I took it out because it wouldn't feed the 147grn. remington golden sabers when I got it. Now it eats anything. Is it beter than a glock, NO. Is it better for the money, YES.

BTW if someone has small hands its a good gun, has a smaller grip that a G17 which was a deciding factor for my fiance. Also the loaded chamber indicator, and grip, trigger safety make some shooters feel more comfortabe than with just the glock safety.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Converted all my Taurus 92 mags and they work great. Future is questionable due to Croatian problems though. Great features for any price and you get it for around $300 +or-.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#11]
What Croatian problem? I hope not cause I am looking forward to the 357 and 45 they have in the works. I'll pass on the 40. Oh wouldn't a 10MM be nice to?!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#12]
"What Croatian problem? I hope not cause I am looking forward to the 357 and 45 they have in the works. I'll pass on the 40. Oh wouldn't a 10MM be nice to?!!!" posted by full-clip

There have been many rumors and even facts floating around on HS2000talk.com about problems with mafia, contracts with Europeans, stability of the IM Metals company, etc, etc.

Things will probably settle down eventually but these are contributed to by the lack of current production/exportation of the existing models to the US.

We'll just have to wait and see. I have two of the Gen1s and am keeping one in new condition for collector purposes. The other one is working great. Nice features and functions flawlessly.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I have fired two different HS2000 pistols.
Both fed well and were okay in the accuracy department. Nothing spectacular. I did not like trigger at all but there are worse triggers out there on pistols costing more.
Ya pays yer monies and ya takes yer chances.
I wont be adding one to my safe. I wouldnt turn down a free one but there are other pistols I`d rather have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top