Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 4:03:33 AM EDT
 Years ago, when I was a young teen, my biological father, uncle, grand dad, and
couple of close friends of the family would
take an annual northern pike fishing trip for
10 days every summer.  We used to fish at an
Indian owned reservation called "McGregor's"
in Georgian Bay of Lake Huron.  IIRC it was about 25-50km from a town called Whitefish Falls.  I don't remember the reason we quite
going, or when, but 5 or so years ago when
my grand dad's health was failing, my dad &
uncle took him on one last trip up there.  Much
to their surprise, the entire bay area had been
taken over by some protected species of baitfish
eating wading bird and the fishing wasn't worth
a damn.
 We're after [b]BIG[/b] Northern pike - still
trying to bring home something in the over 20lb
range.  Right now the biggest we've caught was
16 1/2 lbs.  Anybody have a suggestion as to
where to go????
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
last year i fished a lodge in northern onterio called whitewater lodge,the place was fantastic the fish couldnt have been more cooperative if they had jumped into the boat,we boated 11 fish over 40 inches and one that we couldnt get into the boat that we both estimated in the mid 50 to 60 inch range,the same company operates 3 lodges on this lake and they are the only ones on the lake the lake was 26 miles long with plenty of great spots it was a fly in and i belive the cost for the trip came out to about 800 a person but that was with food and gas to get up there included i dont have much information but i can get it for you if you would like, my dad has gone twice and is booked for next year again,let me know if you would like the name or number of the place and ill get it for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top