Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 10:36:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to make sure you are using the North Star as guidance and try to head as for south (I think this was the direction) as possible. Follow the coastline if you can. Use concealment as much as possible.

Just wait until you get to the "escape" level. That one took me a while to figure out and the answer was staring me right in the face.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The "Lost in the Woods" mission is the early one where your unit got mostly killed off?

If so, that was a tough one.  I ended up not using a jeep because
a) it's high profile and you need to be sneaky
b) I didn't find it.

As soon the mission started, I pulled up a map and plotted a course.  If I recall correctly, I headed southwest.  I used sporadic bushes as cover and crossed a HUGE clearing to get to another forested area.  I moved a little further south, then planned on crossing over to some eastern woods.  Partway into the mission, the good guys head out without you. (This is supposed to happen).  You are directed to an alternate spot for helicopter extract.  This happened to be right in line with my planned route, and I was in the process of crossing the clearing.  Finish crossing the clearing, and move along the woods to the extract point.

Main pointer on this mission is that stealth and survival is more important than speed.  You can't make it to the extract point fast enough, so try to at least make it to the alternate point alive.

Oh yeah.  The game does rock.  I loved the tank missions.  The chopper missions were hard to get used to, and only after beating the game have I gotten the hang of them.  Flying the A-10 was a beast!  I spend most of my conscious effort avoiding crashing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been GLUED to my computer since buying Operation Flashpoint!!! It ABSOLUTELY ROCKS....
I have been doing alot in the mission editor too, creating scenarios and letting them play out to see how they work. You can operate as a single soldier, a squad leader,or a squad member, and you can be a pilot, or gunner in various choppers, gun boats, tanks/APCs.
I think it would be cool to have an AR15.com exchange for user created missions...

BTW, Steelviper,...I practiced flying, and driving all of the vehicles/aircraft in the mission editor till I mastered them, a joystick is best for driving/piloting, and try turning off the mouse steer option if you use a joystick.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Demo Dont work on my puter. All I get is "No entry 'flashpoint.cfg.3D_performance". My comp meets the Req.??????

R35
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
can someone post a pic of this game in action. preferebly an M16 pic hitting a commie target [:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is the link for the demo version.

[url]http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just wait until you get to the "escape" level. That one took me a while to figure out and the answer was staring me right in the face.
View Quote

That one was fun, I jumped in a BMP and took it for a joy ride in the town.  Nothing better than ramming MI-24s and squashing Russia soldiers!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait for the fog to roll in, then haul ass. Beware of roving patrols.  Fog rolls in after about 1/2 hour of game time, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"This game is SO REALISTIC that when I'm done playing for 1-2 hrs my ass muscles are sore from clenching under stressful situations."

Be careful not to leave a hicky on your favorite chair!!

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Me, visiting a Russian vehicle convoy......TOWs, rockets and 20 Mike Mike..

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Vi/Oh/ce/d613142.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I think you're talking about undercover.  The one where you're driving the truck?

You make it through the first checkpoint fine, but have to jump out and fight it out at the second checkpoint.  I hopped out and wasted immediate resistance.  I pretty much killed off most of the bad guys in the little village, then moved off with what few guys I had left up the huge wooded hill to the right side of the little village.  There's some resistance that comes down the hill in the woods, and a little bit up higher on the hill.  Once you get past all that, it's pretty much just a long walk.

I was finished slightly wounded, and with 2 of the rebels alive.

Of course, that may be of no help at all...
Take it for what you will.

And Tuuka, not to be picky... but isn't it 30 mike mike?  Not that size matters or anything, but if you've got it... flaunt it. [;)]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Steelviper, in the game the AH-1G Cobra has an 30mm cannon, but the bird uses an M197 20mm cannon in real life. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Libertarian!

[img]http://www.flashpoint1985.com/photos/new/high/ofphoto1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know a WAREZ site to download this from??

bowhuntr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top