Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 7:45:31 PM EDT
The other day we had a thread about Bill Clinton - It's All About Me, but we were all wrong! It's all about Hillary.

Check out this story from NationalReviewOnline:
[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment100301c.shtml[/url]

In the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, several critics have remarked that Bill Clinton has spent a lot of time discussing events in terms of himself — a trait that Clinton has displayed throughout his political career. Now, however, the former president has been outdone by his wife, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the latest issue of The New Yorker, Mrs. Clinton says that she has come face-to-face with the kind of "unreasoning anger" that appears to have motivated the terrorists who crashed planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Her statements are contained in an article by Nicholas Lemann, based on an interview Lemann conducted with Mrs. Clinton on September 25. "We talked about possible responses to the attack," Lemann writes, "and then I asked her how she thought people would react to knowing that they are on the receiving end of a murderous anger." "Oh, I am well aware that it is out there," Sen. Clinton responded:

"One of the most difficult experiences that I personally had in the White House was during the health-care debate, being the object of extraordinary rage. I remember being in Seattle. I was there to make a speech about health care. This was probably August of '94. Radio talk-show hosts had urged their listeners to come out and yell and scream and carry on and prevent people from hearing me speak. There were threats that were coming in, and certain people didn't want me to speak, and they started taking weapons off people, and arresting people. I've had firsthand looks at this unreasoning anger and hatred that is focussed on an individual you don't know, a cause that you despise — whatever motivates people."

Eric The(TheVeryNerveOfThoseFolks!AndWhileSheWasTalkingAbout[u]HealthCare[/u]!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Gimmie a "C"
Gimmie a "U"
Gimmie a "N"
Gimmie a "T"

What does it spell ?
Hillary !
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
[B]"C" "U" "N" "T" [/B]
GASP!!!!

vote for me and I will make sure these filthy letters will never fallin into the wrong hands.
the ban on the letters  c, u, n, t, in no way infringe on the american right to bear letters, those people that wish to keep their rights to these letters with have 30 days to turn leters for $5 each . Or 30 days to resister them so then we (govt) will better track thier use..,

p.s. Im from the government, Im here to help.[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
She needs to be in a MAX Hardcore flick.  He'll treat her right..........
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ego of the century.

Are  you surprised...at anything she/they say/do?

I don't see how she can compare what happened at the WTC to some peaceful protest (where no one was hurt/killed).  

Egocentric 'till the day she retires....always has been, always will be.

As for former President Clinton...he is the only former President I have seen commenting publicly on the event.  Another spotlight seeker.

They are politicians & survive on the spotlight.

If its any consulation, ya gotta know its just killing her that Mayor Guliani is getting the entire spotlight...& may well be the next Gov. of that State...or at least take a seat in Congress!  Of course, he has been there the whole time in the heat of the battle so to speak.  I'm not a fan of his but I do admire how well he has handled this whole situation, tirelessly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top