Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 7:37:01 PM EDT
OK, I have truly F-ed myself this time.

OK, I came to type my password after my workstation locked up (I'm running Windows 2000k Professional), and as I entered it, I heard a beep, thinking wrong password, so I type it two more times. Being the dumb ass that I am, I'm doing this all without the monitor on.

After I hear another beep, I finally turn the monitor on, and find that I have changed my password. I don't know what I changed it to. Awwkk!!!!

I had set up a "restricted" account for a friend of mine, and I'm under her's right now. I can't even view my other accounts on here.

I had two administrator ones, but I can't remember the log in for it. However, I do know the password. It wont let me view the other accounts on this computer, without the admini password.

Is there anyway I can get by this? HELP!! I REALLLLLLLLLLLYY do NOT want to pay the 35 bucks to Microsoft for their tech support.

Is there any way I can get into the registry under a restricted account, to view the other log-on names with this computer?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, HELP!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Microsoft tech support isnt going to get you in either.  Other wise I could just pay $35 and hack into any system I want.  You might have luck on Mirc under the channel #2600
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the AR15.com tech support department is out prancing around with little flags and being all patriotic and stuff...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe you should pledge allegiance...

[marines]
View Quote

Bite me.

BTW, I found a nice "loop-hole" in the registry, viewed my other admini account, signed in under that one, and changed my normal account P-word to what it was.

I love being smart!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
...and prance
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm starting to regret that post.....

God forbid a difference in opinion!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/010/v5/9f/HC/HZ45294.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
All I think everyone is trying to say, is that if you wanted to look like an idiot all you had to do was say so.  I'm sure someone could photoshop a nice pic that was appropriate.  Hey, look!! Lo and Behold!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing at all wrong with a different opinion.  That is what this country that I pledge allegiance to guarantees you.  You just have to respect others' right to their opinions when they feel insulted.

No hate here...

Edited to say: Maybe a little pity here that you are so disillusioned and can't see all the good through the bad that we all put up with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[marines]
View Quote

Bite me.

BTW, I found a nice "loop-hole" in the registry, viewed my other admini account, signed in under that one, and changed my normal account P-word to what it was.

I love being smart!
View Quote

Anyone with access to an admin account can change or reset passwords on other accounts.  Thats not a "loop-hole" its a priveledge of having and admin account.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing at all wrong with a different opinion.  That is what this country that I pledge allegiance to guarantees you.  You just have to respect others' right to their opinions when they feel insulted.

No hate here...
View Quote

I never insulted anyone, I simply stated my opinion.

Never said, anything like "you homos always prance around with little flags, man, all you guys are gay, I hate america".

Nope, didnt say that.

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love being smart!
View Quote

BTW, if you were smart, you wouldn't be using W2K 'professional'
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[marines]
View Quote

Bite me.

I love being smart!
View Quote

Anyone with access to an admin account can change or reset passwords on other accounts.  Thats not a "loop-hole" its a priveledge of having and admin account.
View Quote

I WAS NOT UNDER AN ADMINITSTRATOR ACCOUNT, but a RESTRICTED account when I found it, sunshine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No hate here...
View Quote

I never insulted anyone, I simply stated my opinion.

Never said, anything like "you homos always prance around with little flags, man, all you guys are gay, I hate america".

Nope, didnt say that.

View Quote

Uh huh, I believe I said "feel insulted."  Wait, lemme check, yup!  FEEL INSULTED
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm sunshine!  Thanks floater!  So many hackers these days its just amazing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sunshine!  Thanks floater!  So many hackers these days its just amazing.
View Quote

Actually, I extremely "hacking-ignorant"

I simply dug around in the registry...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Floater, I was gonna ask how come such a smart guylike you got himself into such a fix, but I thought better of it.  No cheap shots here!
View Quote

Yea, it was dumb for me to type the pass three times with the monitor off... lol........

but i was smart enough to fix it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
You must have that special version on Windows 2000 that displays passwords in plain text format in the registry.  My stupid version stores passwords in an encrypted database.  Stupid gay windows!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/010/v5/9f/HC/HZ45294.jpg[/img]
View Quote

You need to use the Microsoft Office XP logo in that photo.  It has a swastika in the center.

[img]www.microsoft.com/office/images/office_logoffcc00.gif[/img]

Scary, ain't it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You must have that special version on Windows 2000 that displays passwords in plain text format in the registry.  My stupid version stores passwords in an encrypted database.  Stupid gay windows!!
View Quote

I found the log-in names. In normal control panel, to view them under restricted mode, you must enter a password.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#24]
You would have had to have the administrator password in the first place to see those names which would have ment that you were never locked out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You would have had to have the administrator password in the first place to see those names which would have ment that you were never locked out.
View Quote

I had acidently changed the admini password to the log-in I knew.

I had forgotten one log-in (but remembered the pass), and dug around for it in the registry, and found it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#26]
When I lived down that way, I always used 'The Gunsight' in Fullerton. It is a small shop, but the owner is one of the best guys in the firearm  business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#27]
So this big exploit you found is the login name in the registry?  Thats no loop hole.  Its common knowledge.  Account logins are listed all over the place in the registry.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a BIG problem!
View Quote

Other than being an un-American torturer of small animals?  Damn.  You must be all fucked up.

"Do what you will,
just don't kill cats, shit on MY country, or ask stupid questions jackass."  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#29]
...and to the republic for which it stands, one nation...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a BIG problem!
View Quote

Other than being an un-American torturer of small animals?  Damn.  You must be all fucked up.
View Quote

As funny as this whole topic is NOT, DAMN that was funny!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#31]
an almost perfect example of kharma,...it would have been perfect if you never found your pw...and by the way, many a man has died for that flag...and died for the right for you to have whatever idiotic opinion you want to have....yeah im prancing...pranced for 10 years active duty...have a nice day
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#33]
2:21 am with nothing better to do so we just jump in and kick floater in face ( twice ) .  any one want to be a wittness that this was done in self defence...?  

[8P]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw the whole thing.  Floater was heading right for Cluster.  He had no other options.  This was clearly self defense.  I also kicked him in the face a couple times just for good measure.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#35]
ok for those that are wondering why a 3 shot burst was not put on center mast......    trigger lock, had to resort to had to hand combat.
yet another example of how a$$holes are protected....
[BD]
btw thanks schapman43
it happened so fast i didnt even see u jion in....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I think it was the whole shock factor and all the adrenalin goin, it just happens so fast.  Always glad when I can help a fellow gun owner out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top