Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 12:46:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember right their leadership disavows any knowledge of their membership's activities, or even the member's identities.  They operate in cells, independantly of each other. I have heard about them torching new unoccupied houses out west, just before they are finished.  Houses being built on previously undeveloped, wild tracts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, these nuts have been around for a while (too long [chainsawkill]).

A couple of years ago they burnt to the ground a multi-million dollar ski lodge in Vail. It was a new lodge on top the mtn and hadn't opened yet. But it "endangered the enviroment."

They were also pretty active in the Phoenix area torching big new houses. Didn't like the developer, or something.

I think they started in the Pacific N.W.

You're lucky if they haven't made it to your neck of the woods. Or maybe, they're lucky. [;)][kill]

You southern boys take a hard view to their kind of shit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I remember right their leadership disavows any knowledge of their membership's activities, or even the member's identities.  They operate in cells, independantly of each other. I have heard about them torching new unoccupied houses out west, just before they are finished.  Houses being built on previously undeveloped, wild tracts.
View Quote

If I understand the way they are "organized" they don't even have cells.

Anyone can do something "enviromentally correct" and claim they are part of ELF. That means you, me, the next guy, whoever. There is no real organization.

Similar to any member of AR15.com could standup and say they are the spokesman for the site, never mind GB wouldn't condone it. Only with these clowns whoever "owns" the ELF "name" does condone their actions and statements.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
60 minutes did an article on them.  They were burning up some buildings at a Colorado ski lodge.  The way it was described, they had to pack in everything for 10 miles, setup the fire starters, and then leave.

Busy little beavers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Environmental jihad. a gaia holy war. if they are willing to destroy the homes and property of people, therby deprieving them of their right to property, then they are terrorists.

perhaps this is why leftists want to destroy the concept of private property. it would allow them to do whatever they want while deprieving an individual person legal recourse against their extremist actions.

E.L.F. (extreme leftwing fruitcakes)

save the planet lib
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like terrorist to me.  

I think GWB and the people of the USA are at war with all terrorist.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
And all of us who clicked on the link have probably been run through...

[pissed]CARNIVORE![pissed]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
No kidding! Really? Are you sure??

Wait, hold on, there's someone knocking at the door...

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#11]
They torched some houses on eastern LI last year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]
What, they don't think the fires they set are harmful to the environment??????
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
So if they disavow any knowledge of their members activities, if one of their members happen to,say, dissapear during one of their activities, did anything actually happen?????
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
ELF is considered a terrorist organization.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Of course, they won't burn down a public housing project or a house built on virgin land by Habitat for Humanity.  Nope, they just burn down the houses of the evil rich people, nevermind the fact that the evil rich people pay through taxes for 90% of about every social and environmental program there is.

"Do what you will,
just don't expect to live very long after burning down my house."
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And all of us who clicked on the link have probably been run through...

[pissed]CARNIVORE![pissed]
View Quote

I thought Carnivore was only for e-mail... and only a few companies have installed it (Aol, Earthlink)
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A couple of years ago they burnt to the ground a multi-million dollar ski lodge in Vail. It was a new lodge on top the mtn and hadn't opened yet. But it "endangered the enviroment."

They were also pretty active in the Phoenix area torching big new houses. Didn't like the developer, or something.
The guy here in Phoenix was not aligned with anyone but himself. A real weird deal. He had a lot of money! Usually guys with money don't get political themselves. They usually sit around their hottubs here in the company of hotboxes like local Jenna Jameson getting the chocolate licked off their toes.

You're lucky if they haven't made it to your neck of the woods. Or maybe, they're lucky. [;)][kill]

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The guy here in Phoenix was not aligned with anyone but himself. A real weird deal. He had a lot of money! Usually guys with money don't get political themselves. They usually sit around their hottubs here in the company of hotboxes like local Jenna Jameson getting the chocolate licked off their toes.

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top