Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 10:12:40 AM EDT
For the first time since I was an MP I am packing heat legally.
My CPL was granted this morning.
Looks like my Double Eagle Officers will be getting quite a workout.
I have a paddle, a real nice belt slide, and a day runner to carry back and forth to my office building. Anyone have any other ideas?
My main threat area is between the garage and office building. The area just became a ghetto with the loss of most business and the opening of two former hotels as section 8 housing.
I am stuck here for a year until the new firm building is finished in the safe area some miles away.
I am thinking the day runner since I can hold it in my hand while walking.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
As a suggestion from a CHL holder here in Texas, do not carry off body, its to easy to leave it around for coworkers to discover, or even worse a BG strip it out of your hands.  Not knowing how your laws are written you could be charged if your gun was lost/discharged without you.

I've got a concealment shirt from Kramer leather that works well when I'm not wearing a jacket but their are lots of options out there for CHL holders.

One other suggestion is buy a surefire E2 flashlight to go along with your pistol, its small enough to not be a bother and bright enough to ID would be "varmints".
Arizona gun runners has a special for E2's $48, best 50 bucks you'll ever spend.
[url]www.arizonagunrunners.com[/url]

Worldskipper
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
mud-wrestling outfit on humor turn on high and here I go........."I am packing heat legally"

Please try to remember that in the everyday wold of fact and fiction that only four words govern whether or not you can carry a weapon-"shall not be infringed" I know that a lot of people rush to gladly pay the state for a RIGHT. But please try not to give the inpression that we agree with all of the 20,000 victim disarmament laws.

smile.........
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get me wrong I think they're alot of laws are REALLY BAD (unconstituional) but at the same time, we don't want to increase the prison population here in Tx with the current political environment.  So thats why every citizen should carry a CHL or even better, be issued one.

Now ain't that a thought....

Worldskipper
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my own office and a locking desk and locking file cabinets in the office. I should be okay there as far as locking it up at work.
I 1) don't have a need to carry in the office, and 2) would raise a stir if I did because the work environment in the office is jackets off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yes.....I would be more than happy to go down to the range and shoot by target and be GIVEN a
CHL by the state...but as I mentioned somewhere before......$140 could actually put insurance on my car or allow me to get my bike back on the street....anything except give it to the state to pay for a right......
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:mud-wrestling outfit on humor turn on high and here I go........."I am packing heat legally"

Please try to remember that in the everyday wold of fact and fiction that only four words govern whether or not you can carry a weapon-"shall not be infringed" I know that a lot of people rush to gladly pay the state for a RIGHT. But please try not to give the inpression that we agree with all of the 20,000 victim disarmament laws.

smile.........
View Quote

[size=5]BINGO[/size=5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top