Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 9:08:55 AM EDT
....diddle with the track to put Bin-Laden's head in the place of the elderly gent?  It would make the floating 'ham hock' aimed at Bin Laden's pumkin seem so much more apropos. Maybe in place of the coke, a cruise missile would look better also pointed at the prick's head.

This song came up today in connection with another post and I thought that some of the new folks on this Board may not have had the pleasure of this noble tune.

The address is:
[url]http://user.tninet.se/~prv247p/hatt/hatten.swf[/url]

It would serve a whole lot better purposes if this song could be put in some sort of context.

C'mon get to photoshopping this track if that's possible.

Eric The(TechnicallyIgnorant)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Eric- you are such tease,LOL. I tried to go to the site that you listed and got this......

Filen finns inte / File not found
Den fil som efterfrågades kunde inte hittas på denna server.
Kontrollera stavningen och filnamnet en gång till.

The requested file could not be found on this server.
Please check the filename and spelling once again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This song came up today in connection with another post and I thought that some of the new folks on this Board may not have had the pleasure of this noble tune.

The address is: [url]http://user.tninet.se/~prv247p/hatt/hatten.swf[/url]

View Quote

Um, catchy tune, but what the heck is this about?  I enjoyed the floating hat.  Is it an analogue to the Hovering Sombrero that TMBG sings about?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Post from LarryCanary -
Eric- you are such tease,LOL. I tried to go to the site that you listed and got this......
View Quote

Sorry, LC, I screwed up the addy by leaving out the final 'l'!

Post from zougou -
Um, catchy tune, but what the heck is this about?
View Quote

There's a website that discusses the song. I think it was a #1 song in Turkey for almost a year, and some Swedish group found it and put homophonic Swedish words to the Turkish lyrics.

I'll look for that website and report back!

[url]http://www.alyx.com/karen/0104/02a.html[/url]  I'll continue looking>

Eric The('Homophonic'?IHopeThisDoesn'tWakeUpYou-Know-Who!)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Eric- Sorry, LC, I screwed up the addy by leaving out the final 'l'!

No need to apologize. The server error message made more sense LOL. It reminded me of those underground cult flicks from the 70's when I was in high school. They made no sense but people would tell you that you had to be stoned to "get it". It did make me laugh though. Those girls are certainly corn fed and farm bred!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, folks, but I had to bump 'Hatt-Baby' btt, just because if I can't get the friggin tune outta my head, I don't think it's unfair that you have to listen to it one last time!

Eric The("Hatten är din")Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a website that discusses the song. I think it was a #1 song in Turkey for almost a year, and some Swedish group found it and put homophonic Swedish words to the Turkish lyrics.
View Quote

So it's Swedish subtitles to a Turkish song.  From the website you mentioned, it's seems the subtitles aren't translating the Turkish.  I'm not sure.  So, for all we know, the song could *really* be about the joys of AR-15 ownership, right?

The homophonic Swedish is apparently self-referential, e.g., ""DET TYCKER VI BLIR BÖGIGT". ("We think this becomes gayish")"

Wow, and to think some folks think semiotics is boring!

At any rate, now I have 'hatten ar din' stuck in my head.  Hopefully it doesn't mean something like go do something biologically impossible to yourself...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top