Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 9:07:49 AM EDT
Washington Post and CNN now reporting The Sudan in 1996 offered to arrest Bin Laden and turn him over to the Saudi's.  The Saudi's refused to accept the asshole and the Klinton's took the easy way out by doing nothing - NOTHING.

Now we have 6,000 dead Americans and can thank the Klinton's and our "ally" Saudi Arabia.
The whole deal was set-up by the completely incompetent (yeah, unhuh) CIA.

Let's hear from all you Saudi Lovers !!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Post from 5subslr5 -
Washington Post and CNN now reporting The Sudan in 1996 offered to arrest Bin Laden and turn him over to the Saudi's. The Saudi's refused to accept the asshole and the Klinton's took the easy way out by doing nothing - NOTHING.
View Quote

I told you guys, I told you. Nothing, but friggin nothing, happens in the Land of the House of Saud without the Saudi Family's holy blessing!

If funds are being sent to Bin Laden from some Saudi businessmen, it's only with official Saudi
approval!!! Remember, they cut off the hands of ordinary pickpockets in sweet Araby!

And isn't it surprising that Bin Laden can plot and actually strike the United States from halfway around the earth, but the Saudis, whose government Bin Laden has [u]allegedly[/u] called to be overthrown, have not been touched by his evil hand.  Yet [u]they[/u] are in the neighborhood, in Bin Laden's own backyard!

I think the Saudis have been paying the creep some protection money, and the Bush folks are not a wit the wiser!

Do the Saudis have to print their money with Bin Laden's likeness on it in order for the US
to 'get the message'?

Why don't you folks just break down and buy a clue? It's the only way you'll ever get one!

Eric The(MyHouseIsAHouseOfRejoicingTodayIndeed!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
"Hun" I've been woofin in the dark since 9/12/01 about our "ally" the Saudi's.  The rulers pay Osama Bin to stay away !!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the CNN link to this story -
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/03/ret.bin.laden/[/url]

Here's the Washington Post link -
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61251-2001Oct2.html[/url]

And a blurb from the article:

"The Clinton administration struggled to find a way to accept the offer in secret contacts that stretched from a meeting at a Rosslyn hotel on March 3, 1996, to a fax that closed the door on the effort 10 weeks later. Unable to persuade the Saudis to accept bin Laden, and lacking a case to indict him in U.S. courts at the time, the Clinton administration finally gave up on the capture."

Can't you just hear Clinton now saying: "I've struggled to find a way to accept the offer harder than I've ever struggled with anything in my life...."

Eric The(Ciao!Baby!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the post 5subslr5! I know how hard it is to struggle (to borrow Clinton's favorite term) against what sometimes passes with others as the 'conventional wisdom.'

The Saudis supporting Bin Laden? No way!

'He's threatened us! Why should we support him?'

Eric The('Struggling'IsSomethingWomenWho'veBeenAroundClintonKnowAllAbout!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder if Clinton is able to "feel the pain" of all 6,000 of our dead and their families ??
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always thought that Clinton knew the ca-ca was going to hit the fan once he left office!

He really should have campaigned a little harder for Gore, who could be counted on to bury past mistakes, such as this one.

But Clinton campaigning for Gore might have just cost Gore more votes than it was worth!

Eric The(Hey,Bill!FeelThis!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If the Royal Family had accepted that hair brained offer to have bin Laden arrested and brought to Saudi Arabia, their rule would have ended abruptly (with the loss of their heads as well)!

The radical fundamentalists would have taken over Saudi Arabia(ala Iran style) in NO TIME FLAT!  You would have had every Arab/Islamic country in the world solidly against the US!

But, I know, that's what some would like to see because it would further their own interests and agenda!

Countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan and others are walking a tight rope.  You can't expect them to commit suicide!

I believe the Bush administration is handling this situation pretty well.  The "Palestinian State" recommendation, has taken a LOT of support from radicals in these countries.

Rumsfeld will NOW be able to secure the use of ANY and ALL bases in Saudi Arabia.  Mark my words!  It's about to happen.

And it will be done without throwing the Saudi Royal Family to the dogs!  That's probably bad news for some of you with "those OTHER agendas" I was talking about!

DaMan

And as for the CIA plan to "wack" bin Laden,
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Please allow me to be perfectly CLEAR and Cold regarding the Saudi ruling family.
I would today sacrifice everyone of their sorrow asses if I could bring back just ONE of our dead.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#9]
My position regarding Saudi Arabia is not  popular anyway so why not take the complete plunge.
Please, PLEASE I very much want to be wrong - I pray that I am wrong.

DaMan is not entirely wrong when he mentions the precarious position of the Saudi Royal Family.  These people will be overthrown - not if just when.  The younger family members (Read next Rulers) are much more fundamental (Read sympathetic to Osama Bin) than the present group in power.

Next - we, the USA, will almost certainly be hit again.  If we lose 50,000 or 500,000 or 5,000,000 people no American president will be able to withstand the call for maximum retaliation.
Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are among likely targets.

The growling of the Dogs-of-War will be drowned by the roar of the missile engines.

I've ridden the missile boats but I have absolutely no information from anyone on active duty.  The missile targets by the end of day  9/11/01 are not the same as they were on 9/10/01.

Don't waste time praying for a dumb-ass like me.  Pray for our country.  Pray for God to deliver us from our enemies.

I must be WRONG.  I pray I am WRONG.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The Saudis are no more worried than Saddam Hussein about Bin Laden and radical Islamic fundamentalists taking them over, if they fail to toe the terrorist line!  They are simply a dictatorship run exclusively for one very extended family. It is a [u]religious[/u] police state, but a police state nevertheless!

The Saudis [u]are[/u] Islamic fundamentalists! They are the very people who behead adulterous wives, unwed mothers, and blasphemers. They cut off the hands, put out the eyes, disfigure, etc., for petty crimes.

The [u]main[/u] thing that distinguishes them from the Taliban, is that they are wealthy! Sure there's been a little polish put on them over the years, I mean their sons (but NOT their daughters!) have attended Harvard, Yale, MIT, etc., and they no longer eat with their fingers.  They are brutal, just not as brutal as others!

They aren't nearly as brutal as the Taliban, but then they don't have to be, they already have their Islamic paradise established on earth!

But to sincerely hold that the Saudis were fearful of an uprising against them by the common people is absurd! It is foolish beyond belief!

Where do people get these ideas?

If you have evidence, then please give us a website we can all go to and discover the truth of what has been alleged.

Lord knows I've posted a host of sites that support my views in this matter. It's time we saw something from the 'loyal Saudi opposition'!

You've had more than enough time to gather some patchwork assortment of lies and half-truths, so let's hear them!

Eric The(I'veGotAllTheTimeInTheWorld!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Article from The Guardian -

American officials yesterday confirmed that the governments of Saudi Arabia, Oman and Uzbekistan had had last-minute doubts about allowing their territory to serve as a base for military operations aimed at Osama bin Laden, his al-Qaida terrorist group and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The three governments, together with Pakistan, have "serious problems" about allowing the US to establish bases for special forces and military hardware on their territory, according to American officials.

The apparent deadlock in negotiations about the bases has prompted a flurry of diplomatic activity. Mr Rumsfeld arrived in Saudi Arabia yesterday for talks with King Fahd, Crown Prince Abdullah and the defence minister, Prince Sultan. Earlier this year, the US completed a state-of-the-art command centre at the Prince Sultan air base near Riyadh, which could be vital in a sustained aerial campaign.

Talking to journalists during the flight, Mr Rumsfeld said: "We are not going to be making requests of the Saudi Arabian government. We have a long-standing relationship with them."

Diplomats in Washington say the Saudi government has asked Washington not to make requests it cannot fulfil, [u]for fear of aggravating anti-western sentiment among the Saudi population[/u].

See story at:
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/waronterror/story/0,1361,563012,00.html[/url]

When they use of the phrase 'for fear of aggravating ant-western sentiment [u]among the Saudi population[/u]' it must be understood that that simply means the extended Saud Family!

Eric The(StillWaitingOnThoseSourcesSomebody!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top