Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 7:54:58 AM EDT
In checking out all the cool accessories available for my new Ruger 10/22 Standard, I've noticed that the mag is really tough to get out because the release button is hard to push and because the mag is not very easy to get a hold of - requires one to hold the rifle with mag down to let it drop out.

So,  I'm checking out extended mag releases - The ones I've found so far are:

Eagle International - about $6
Volquartsen - about $40
Power Custom - about $16

Are they all the same?   I mean do they all work the same way and should I just save my money and get the cheapest one ?

The other thing is the bolt bumper ?  What's up with that? Is it needed or is it one of those things where the manufacturer makes you think you need it?  Can't seem to bring myself to spend $9 on a piece of tubular rubber or whatever it is that Buffer Tech is selling.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to handle a 10/22 with the extended mag release before buying one.

It is handy to be able to change out mags a bit quicker, but I found that the extended mag release was uncomfortable in my leading hand while firing standing.  I rest the rifle in my left palm right in front of the trigger guard, and do not like the extended mag release for that reason.

Good luck in your decision.

Bud

P.S.  That Surefire 678 that I purchased from you a month ago worked out great.  Now I need a "deal" on some batteries in bulk...  [8D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have them both. Get the plastic mag release from On Target. Then you can trim it a little like I did. The full size one gets in the way a little bit and isnt sandbag friendly at all.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The buffer is great, it removes all of the noise of that big hunk of metal during recoil...and thanks for the advise on modifying the bolt hold pen device....it sucks in the standard config.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top