Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 6:29:04 AM EDT
the boxcutters/knives inside the rags they wear over their heads....

this was the first thing that popped in my head when i woke up this morning. anybody else come up with  this or is it an original thought?? i need to work for the FBI. they can hire me to sleep and ask me questions right as i wake up...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Box cutters were legal to carry aboard.

They didn't need to hide them.

Don't quit your day job.  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
they are?

thats it!!! no more big dinners before bedtime for this gun-lover!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
still, you have to admit, it was a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Well it would have been a good idea IF they were wearing "rags" on their heads, which they were not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#5]
They weren't wearing a head-dress.

Go back to sleep...
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The terrorists didn't wear any "rags" on their heads.  They were trying to blend in with the other passengers.

Oh, and before you ask, they didn't ride camels to the airport, either.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
why is the word -rag- in quotation marks for a couple of you guys?

did i offend a couple of p.c. people here?

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably because it's a derogatory reference to a turban.  There's an actual word for the article of clothing being described, but it wasn't used.  Kinda like how the media would never say someone had a Bushmaster XM15E2, but instead they'd refer to it as a "terrorist, child molesting, drug dealing, baby killing m-16 assault rifle".
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually one of the airport camera frames showed one terrorist dressed like a yuppie.  I never did trust yuppies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

did i offend a couple of p.c. people here?

View Quote

I put it in quotation because I found it humorous that someone who considers himself such a brain trust would use the word “rag” instead of turban.  Maybe you should work for the FBI.  Lots of Government agencies need janitors.  

If I put it in quotes to be p.c. I would also put the word moron in quotes in the next sentence.

Don’t quit your day job moron.  

[flame][flame][flame][flame][flame]

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#11]
From reading the posts here, it seems to me that everybody consider these people crazy. They are not crazy, they are religious fanatics.  How do you defend yourself against determined fanatics willing to die for their cause is the $64,000 question.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh, and before you ask, they didn't ride camels to the airport, either.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Hee hee.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Roflol Velveeta!

Damn that's a great post!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From reading the posts here, it seems to me that everybody consider these people crazy. They are not crazy, they are religious fanatics.  How do you defend yourself against determined fanatics willing to die for their cause is the $64,000 question.
View Quote

Maybe you protect yourself by being more than ready to help them die for thier beliefs. Just saying be prepared to fight for your beliefs and rights to the full extent of your abilities, and then some.   fullclip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top