Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 6:09:39 AM EDT
On Good Morning America (once again, my [b]wife[/b] turned it on!).  Hosted by Diane Sawyer, a discussion of what should be our response to the Sept. 11th attacks.  Talk about a one-sided battle!  At least Donahue said he supports our President and thinks he has, so far, been remarkably restrained in his response.  This sums up the few intelligent remarks by Mr. Donahue.  Other than that, Donahue said we first need to look at building a coalition with other nations and the U.N.(puke), and was concerned what we look like to the terrorists if we bomb innocent civilians in our effort to destroy the Taliban. Also, he thinks (actually, he means [i]he feels[/i]) that if we attack them, it will be like Belfast here and there will be more attacks.  Once again, he is correct.  However, these are terrorists.  There will be more attacks here whether we attack them, or not, and O'Reilly pointed that out.

Mr. O'Reilly on the other hand made all the salient points:

1.  you can't appply logic and negotiations to someone who is as irrational as the terrorists are
2.  This is war and we don't have to get the approval of other nations and the U.N. (UN?  puke!!!)  It would be nice, but it is definitely not required.
3.  The US government has a Constitutional responsibility to protect the people from attack.  (Viewing this correctly as an act of war, not a crime committed by some hijackers.)

Other than the fact that Sawyer set this up as a war-monger versus a more reasonable, responsible view, she stayed out of it except to ask a few questions which were actually quite intelligent given the source (ABC).  
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't that Phil Donahue?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, good ole' Donahue went rabid as he had no logic or reason to back up his feelings. As a once and future member of the Army, I took offense to Phil's comments on the Military- we are there to break and kill shit, and some of us will be maimed or killed along the way. A risk well understood when taking the oath. I, for one, am firmly convinced that this time military action is morally and Constitutionally obligated!
Don Out
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If it was up to shytheads like Donahue; we'd be sending a hugging squad over there.

Screw him and his ilk.

[frag]

ARSwami
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top