and get this, our uniform consists of the following:

BDU's - Pressed
Boots - Highly Polished
LBV
[b]Flak Jacket[/b]
[b]Kevlar[/b]
Pro-mask
M16 w/ 2 loaded [b]20 round[/b] mags

Is this the goofiest ass uniform you have ever heard of for airport security.  What the hell do they think is going to happen in the damn airport that we are required to wear a flak vest and kevlar at all time.

I didn't think this security was going to suck too bad until I heard about the uniform.  I hope they change it QUICK!  

So onto my question...what's the best method to get a nice shine on a pair of standard issue Army boots?  No matter how long or how hard I try to get a nice shine from them, but I am always borderline come inspection time.

Any products, or techniques that will give me a good shine WITHOUT causing my boots to dry and crack are appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The first step to a police state?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
About the shine, every good airport has a shoe shine stand!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It's called the [b]A[/b]irport [b]S[/b]ecurity [b]S[/b]how.

Airport security was not originally designed to be physically secure, but psychologically secure against the nutcases.  Such security has holes in it, so the psychological part (or perceived security) is used to fill in the holes.  Some of it based upon lack of knowledge of the public.

To have a 100% physically secure airport would require assets (read $$$$) similar to the no man's land that existed between East and West Germany during the Cold War.  That isn't feasible, so we're just making the Show bigger so people will perceive that the security is better.

I sure feel a lot better knowing that the curbside luggage check in is halted.

*rolls eyes*

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
and dont wear a blue helmet... may cause a poorly shined shoe to be implanted into your rectum!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
"Terrorism is escalating to the point that Americans soon may have to
choose between civil liberties and more intrusive means of protection,"
says Defense Secretary William S. Cohen. The nation's defense chief told
the Army Times he once considered the chilling specter of armored
vehicles surrounding civilian hotels or government buildings to block
out terrorists as strictly an overseas phenomenon. But no longer. "It
could happen here," Cohen said he concluded after 8 months of studying
threats under the Pentagon microscope..."The American people should not
be concerned about it. They should welcome it."- ARMY TIMES 10/27/98

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Run some hot water from the tub faucet and get a boot wet. Squirt some shaving cream on a scrub brush and scrub the old polish off your boots until you see the gray leather under the polish. Once all the polish is off, especially on the toes and heels, hang them upside down to dry, but not in the sun.

When they're dry, get Kiwi black leather dye and give them two coats. Set them aside until the leather dye is dry...about an hour.

Give them a good coating of Kiwi black paste wax polish and buff them out with a brush. On top of that, go back and spit shine with a cotton diaper or really soft skivvy shirt, hot water and Kiwi polish.

If it worked for me for NCO School and the CG's inspection, it oughta work for you for the airport. Good luck, and thanks.

[b]America First[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Melt your shoepolish (by torching it and than put out the flame with the lid). Have some watersoaked cotton at hand (you know the ones the ladies use to get rid of their maquillage). Dip it into the shoepolish and apply it to your boots (in a circular move). Let it dry overnight and next day first polish it with a brush and that get an old pantyhose (why an old one, well I used a pair of brandnew ones and my wife was not to happy about it) to do the final polishing.
They become so shiny that it's disgusting. This made me pass each inspection before a parade. But I have to admit, standing somewhere in the boonies with a pair of those boots will give you a posh look.
Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
HKer, are you from Northern California?
There was an MP unit  just activated, heading off to airport security also (probably lots of them though!).  Hang in there, hope your family copes well with you being gone!
BTW, when I was in, I always did my boots like Charlie-2-6.
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Look Sharp, Be Alert.

Who Knows, You Might be Grateful that you have that Kevlar and Flak Jacket.

For shining shoes, Kiwi black paste, applied with a wet soft hot cloth, and then I polish them with a black polyester cloth
^
[size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top