Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2001 7:13:58 PM EDT
around with one of those little American flags.

It's because I think it's BS how everyone all the sudden get all patriotic and crap.

I do not do the plegde of allegiance because I am not proud of my country, and so not support any of the desicions they make.

As soon as they start making ones I believe in, I'll start prancing around with a flag.

Sorry, this topic came up at work today...
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get Out.

Sorry that topic came up I'm sure, at work today for millions of men who fight for you and I.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Floater,

Congratulations on picking an accurate user name.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Floater you POS,

Do not prance around with an American flag if you are not inclined to do so. If you are so down on this country why don't you prance over to some other country that is in dire need of your talents.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
As soon as I have the power I will lock your account..
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't confuss love of country with love of government....it is two completely different things.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Y'all don't even respond to this crap.  It's exactly what he/she/it wants.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#7]
A floater is a turd, right?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I do love my country, but unfortunately, it's the government that makes the decisions for the country. Which I am not proud of.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]"I pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all."[/b]

Nowhere in there are you pledging to self interested bastards or whatever.

You are pledging to the ideals and opinions that this republic was founded on, not one of your office bimbos.

Personally, I don't say it either.  Verbatim, anyhow.  I feel it and affirm it, though, everytime I see one.  And lately I am not ashamed to say I have teared more than once.

Zaz

(sp edit)
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you prance aroud with other country's flags when they do something you like? You don't think of America as the institution that it is, you think of it as the people who temporarly make decisions while in office. I love America, but I don't particularly like politicians.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
What could I say that hasn't been said already?

Pack sand, shithead. Now is not the time for this "its really about oppression" bullshit.

I pledge allegiance...

havoc
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Sniper taking aim           [sniper]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Floater, reading your post, I am ashamed.  I am not ashamed that *I* am an American...nothing could do that.  No, I am ashamed that YOU are an American.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is my pledge:

"I pledge Allegiance to the Constitution, of the  United States of America, and to the Republic which it defines, one nation, from many Sovereign States united under God, with Liberty and Justice for all."
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Young people realy have not grasp f history whatsoever...the Pledge is in referance to the country we live in, not the current government in power.

The really funny part is that ten years from now these same 20 Y.O. will see the folly of they're ways...it's inevidable.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]
can we send him to Afghanistan

salute [USA]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Troll
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#21]
While I certainly do not presume to speak for Floater, let me offer the following.

Many of us are disgusted with the direction this country has been headed. I personally have served this country in the armed forces, and also took an oath to uphold and defend the Consitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. At 18 when I took that oath, I did not completely understand it. Twelve years later, I do. I will continue to defend the ideas contained in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights with my life.

Unfortunately, those ideas have and continue to be shit upon by those elected to represent us. I feel any person who has undermined the Consitution and Bill of Rights knowingly should be shot, plain and simple. The tragedy is that after the intelligence community perpetrated events of 9-11, most folks in this country have seemingly forgotten the treasonous actions by those within our government at all levels.

Many think that waving a flag or wearing a t-shirt with a flag on it makes you a "good American" or "patriotic". I vehemently disagree.

Knowing that the rights defined and enumerated by the Constitution and Bill of Rights are divined to us by GOD and cannot be usurped or infringed by earthly governments, and knowing they (the rights) are in fact worth defending no matter the personal cost--that's what it means to be an "American".

I believe in part that is what floater means. Flame away, though, if you miss the message contained in my reply.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/tbomb.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I was going to say something,but it seems to be well covered.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The tragedy is that after the intelligence community perpetrated events of 9-11...

View Quote

Not sure I follow you on this one.  Sounds like you believe the intel community conspired to take out the WTC. They were caught with their shorts around their ankles, but I don't believe they "perpetrated" it.  

As for Floater...  I'll just pretend he's been drinking heavily, and hope he has the decency to hit the "Delete topic" key when he sobers up.

Nighters all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey, Floater. Remember your "cat thread"? Can't wait until tomorrow, to see what excuse you come up with, for starting this thread. Are you going to blame it on the "babe of the day" thread, again?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#26]

[url]http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Well then pack your stuff and go-we don't want you either.....Whats the matter-wont put your money where your mouth is......I didn't think so
...you are a LOSER
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Troll
View Quote
yup dont feed um
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I know that I should not feed the troll, but I get rather disgusted with the all to previlent "I love my country, just not the goverment and its decisions."

Ok....

You love your country...  You love it enough to haul your rear end out of the barco-lounger, put down that can of Old Mill light, and turn of the Springer show and go out and fine a political group that is more representative of your views and support them.   Not the "I send my X amount of dollars" support, but the man hours that will help even more.

Heaven forbid if you are so disgusted with the decisions that the government makes that you make a proactive decision to do something about.  This is a government for the people, BY the people.  

I may be wrong, but when was the last time that you realized that if you do not vote, you should have NO right to complain.  If you do vote, you have some right to complain, but not as much as those individuals who love their country enough to help the individuals and organizations that favor the views you favor.

Until then, I guess I will have to put you in the 'whiney little american who is misunderstood role'.  

Mitty
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm just pain sick and tired of his B.S.  Vote, get your family and friends to vote.  Talk your coworkers into voting.  Get active in your government.  Stop your damn whining.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
around with one of those little American flags.

It's because I think it's BS how everyone all the sudden get all patriotic and crap.

I do not do the plegde of allegiance because I am not proud of my country, and so not support any of the desicions they make.

As soon as they start making ones I believe in, I'll start prancing around with a flag.

Sorry, this topic came up at work today...
View Quote

[puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke] [puke]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't have one of those little flags either.I have a GREAT big one in the front yard.I would like a little one too,but all the kids around here have them sitting on their desks at school.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#33]

HEY FLOATER,

HOW OLD ARE YOU KIDDO? YOURE JUST SOME YOUNG PUNK, OUT THERE IN THE WORLD, JUST WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF, REAPING THE BENEFITS OF A FREE SOCIETY, BUT HAVING NO FUCKING CLUE WHERE ALL THE MANNA IS COMING FROM !!!  

WELL FUCK YOU!

I SPENT HALF MY LIFE SALUTING THE FLAG EVERY MORNING, AND I HAVE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE FLAGS FLYING ON TOP OF MY MAILBOX, A BIG ONE FLYING FROM THE HOUSE, FLAG STICKERS ON MY CARS' WINDOWS, AND ANOTHER LITTLE ONE WHERE I WORK. I HAVE A FLAG IN MY SHADOW BOX FROM WHEN I RETIRED FROM THE SERVICE. TWO OF MY FRIENDS WIVES HAVE FLAGS THAT WERE GIVEN TO THEM WHEN THEIR HUSBANDS (MY CLOSE FRIENDS) DIED.

WHY AM I SO PASSIONATE ABOUT ALL THIS? BECAUSE MY FLAG REPRESENTS MY COUNTRY AND ALL I LOVE ABOUT IT.  I WILL PRANCE, YOU ASSHOLE, WHEN WE GET RID OF THE FUCKS WHO DID WHAT THEY DID TO THIS COUNTRY AND ITS PEOPLE ON SEPT 11, 2001.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#34]
hey fuck-hole, i mean floater, come here to NYC and say that to my face! i can't wait! i'll meet you down at ground zero, it'll take about ten minutes for me to get there, through all the rubble and body parts, you fucking commie!
[-!-]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Stealth and anyone else for that matter who questions the validity of the FACT that the intelligence community was behind the events of 9-11.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=57265[/url]

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#37]
This type of attitude is exactly what I thought of when watching the news last night.

It was a story on the demonstration in Pakistan where they burned the effigy of George Bush along with the American flag. They shouted death to America and spit on our already burning flag.

Then they returned home where they no doubt unloaded some of the humanitarian assistance like food and medical supplies, etc... 90% of which came from US, their single largest supplier of such items. Then he sat down and discussed how he could assist in hurting the US and killing our citizens with his Harvard educated brother. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Floater’s personality is no better, perhaps worse, as he/she disguises them self as an American. There are, no doubt, many ways to bring about change here in the US and to voice ones displeasure over certain matters. But there are also many things done so as to honor our founding fathers and those who have given so much to keep us free and liberated for the past 200 plus years. The burning of the flag, refusing to pledge allegiance, failure to stand during our National Anthem, etc… are figuratively and literally spiting in the face of every proud American or America herself,  and is the equivalent of defecating on the graves of our fore fathers and all of those having fought or died for the rights and privileges you enjoy.

Too Sad…
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#38]
??!?!?!?!?!

Come with down town and tell that to the fireman looking for thier buddies. Tell it to the little kid i saw with a picture of his dad who is "missing" . Youre a disgrace. Youre not proud ? then what are you doing about it ? nothing but bitchin' .....The goverment didnt do this , they didnt do that , i dont like this , i want that . if you want to be a sheep then go to mexico....I am sure the pride there is overflowing .........
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/tbomb.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Yeah, that says it all.  A fresh, steaming one for you, floater.

Bombs away!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
can we send him to Afghanistan

salute [USA]
View Quote

NO! dont do that , U and I both know this is the type of person that will cry into the cameras that his "beloved" govt abanded him in that harsh enviorment....

hmm ... being that the media does not have full access we just might get a way with it.. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't say it either.

The only time I said it was when it was required of me in kindergarten.  

Since then, no.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey floater (and I guess now goet) why don't you and Alec Baldwin just pack your bags and leave for crying out loud? I'm sure you'll like it in France.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
When is this idiot going to be banned?  [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stealth and anyone else for that matter who questions the validity of the FACT that the intelligence community was behind the events of 9-11.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=57265[/url]

View Quote

Can't find that thread. Maybe the trilateral commision had it pulled.

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm just going to leave you with my new sig line.  Someone I know said this to me the other day.  It works on so many different levels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#47]
America is a great country!

Only here do we allow, in fact guarantee by the 1st Amendment, the right of idiots like this guy to speak their twisted views.

Only here do the brave and the strong fight and many times die to protect the rights of all, including dissidents, seditionists and traitors.

I love the U.S. of A., but this guy reeks!  He needs to take his anti-patriotism views to a more appropriate forum.  [marines]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#48]
So I need to move to France because I don't say the pledge?

When did freedom lose its flavor?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So I need to move to France because I don't say the pledge?

When did freedom lose its flavor?
View Quote

Do you mind filling us in on your reason for not reciting the pledge?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Why?

So I can be bashed for not following the party line?

Excuse me Komrades for misspeaking.

What the heck.  Not like I care.

I don't recite the pledge because I don't recite the pledge.  I believe in this country, and even at its innermost core, it is still lacking, but it is the best system in the world.

Still, I don't like pledging allegiance to flags or to countrys or republics.

To God, sure.

To ideals of freedom, sure.

It started out as pure rebellion against teachers.  I stopped doing 'new year's resolutions' as class assignments as well.  I've always thought that if it was important enought to pledge on a certain day, then it should be important enough to start on any day.

But that's just me.

Again, if this doesn't jive with the party line, please correct my skewed view of freedom and Americanism.  Bring me back to the motherland's view.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top