Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 4:57:47 PM EDT
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I just get home from a 14 hour day and "Guess who is here for dinner"?

Yep...............the MIL.

Seriously.

This is just gonna be a rant cause I need to vent.

My MIL is the most annoying person in the world.  She has yet to address me in any way shape or form........in my freaking home at that!!  All she cares about is sticking her head up my step childs ass and breathing in deeply!

She is convinced shes gonna die..........she does nothing...says nothing.....gripes all the time.........sits on her ass and withers.

She is loaded out the wazoo and never worked a day in her life.  She has a life of luxury.

She even tries to feed the kid during dinner...he is 8 for Gods sake!!

My wife only does this because it is her mother and her mother needs.....lets say.............HELP IN A BIG WAY!!!!!  I understand that I must be polite and respectful because of respect for my wife.  In here though, i can freely say that I hate the lady and I wish she would .....POOF.........dissappear.

Regardless...........the MIL still drives me crazy.

There.....I feel better now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm sharing your pain, bro.  and i'm not even married yet.  maybe goatboy will create a forum for members with MIL complaints.  i would be there EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Everybody hates their mom in law. No you cant shoot her!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Beg to differ with ya'll. My MIL is very nice to me, maybe because her other son-in-law is a conniving dick wuss. However I have heard many Horror stories. You have my Genuine Sympathy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I wish I had a mother in law. No shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My MIL is OK, It's her current husband thats a real POS(piece o s**t)He is husband #4 or is it #8..10..16. I cant keep up.

[v]                            [usa]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
After 15 years, mine still refers to me as "that girl my son married". I figure the odds are pretty decent that I'll outlive her though [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure don't hate mine.  Everytime my MIL comes over from England, I get Cuban cigars and at least a couple bottles of Glenfiddich[:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
After I was married to her child for 25 years my mil looked at me ond day and stated "I guess you're not so bad after all". I just about passed out. Now I'm scared to go to her house anymore......fullclip
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I did have a MIL that I really liked once....but her daughter turned out to be a crazy, slutty, psycho, babbling idiot so we got divorced....the MIL was cool though.

My MIl refers to me as the person who took her daughter to live elsewhere..

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't hate MIL but sure hate my own mother[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually I get along with my MIL very well.  Guess I am just lucky.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

cuz then you'd have a wonderful wife who loved to shoot and treats you great!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have a MIL. So if anyone else needs some help hating theirs, I have a few minutes to spare.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I am one of those lucky ones! I actually could not wait for them to visit me.

They are very nice and kind to me because I am to them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I loved my Ex-MIL (may she RIP).  She actually took my side when my ex and I argued and used to tell my ex to "shut the hell up and listen to him".  Man she was a very cool lady!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey now!  He just says that because she smokes and he's allergic!!  
I really like my future MIL.  Trust me guys, think about it from my end.  Imagine the torture if things weren't good, how the MIL would treat a woman.  Nothing would be good enough for her son, he could have "done something with his life" if not for her, and so and so forth.  That little pitch fork is barbed on both ends!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I kicked mine out of my thanksgiving dinner 2 years ago, and ever since then she has been so nice! BITCH THIS IS MY HOME NOT YOURS!!
Gary
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#19]
This may sound kind of morbid, but it is not ment that way....

We buried my grandmother last weekend, to make a long story short, she really didn't want anything to do with us, at least depending on what medication and how many beers she had, but she died in her house about 3 weeks ago in her kitchen, left no will and no insurance, so the last theing she talked about ( when she was talking to us) was she wanted to be buried with her mother, so since it is an old cemetary ( about turn of the century it started) no one has been buried there for about 30 years, we made her aware the she would have to be cremated. which we did, and since the cemetary caretaker is a 70 year old guy who couldn't dig a hole or get someone to do it my Uncle did it, he dug a 2x2x2 foot hole to bury the box with her ashes, we did a little thing and that was that.

But the most humerous (as well as the point of this story) thing is My uncle gets to say he dug his mother in laws grave. literally [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]
My first MIL had to be from hell. No doubt about it!!!! After 3 long years of constant tongue-lashings and interferring in the marriage I filed for divorce.
My second MIL was heaven sent. While she never took sides in our problems she did make me feel like a true part of her family. Tragically she passed on a few years ago while the demon from hell troll still walks this earth.
I checked my second MIL out before I even thought about marriage. Definitely a lesson to be remembered!!!! A good one makes a huge difference in quality of life and the marriage.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#21]
My first was a true bitch ho, my second is really pretty cool.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#22]
My MIL and FIL are the bomb.  I'm the son they never had.  They spoil me :)  They want to buy me a rifle for Christmas.  No where near as cool as my real Mom and Dad... WX [:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I have to admit I think I have the best future MIL and FIL that a guy could get. They don't get into our business or anything. They are pretty much hands off unless it was some type of serious situation. But, I can respect that and appreciate it. I always thought that I would end up with the MIL from hell. I really think my fiance got the bad end of the stick. It seems like everytime I turn around some one in my family is doing or saying something to her. It is hard when you have three sister and a mom that are mostly bitches. I really don't know how me and dad have made it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I'll give you one with a nice house and a Mercedes. Exit I-680 at Alum Rock Avenue in San Jose, California. Turn back east until you get to Capitol Expressway and turn back south. Turn back to the west on Sierra Grande and you're there. You get the old lady's dad and two moron sisters, too (the sisters are in Boston, Massachusetts). Quite a deal. For the holidays you'll receive everybody's discarded junk from the year before and you'll get to see the old man get drunk on Budweiser. Not a bad cook, though. Her and everyone else just need to keep their mouths shut around me and I'll do my best not to get violent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I love mine! She's six feet south and has a permanent address. She died when my wife was sixteen, long before I met and violated her daughter. My wife, on the other hand, hates her mother-in-law!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#26]
blkgun223aholic wrote
"Don't hate MIL but sure hate my own mother"
View Quote

Don't hate my mom - I love her - just can't stand to be around her.

My MIL and FIL are the shit!!!  LOVE 'EM!!!

Tate
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Hate her?  no - but I'm extremely happy she lives over 2000 miles away!

I can't do anything right in her eyes... after all I stole her only child - and she was a poor widow (MIL).

She feels the world has dealt here a raw deal and is negative from the word go.  After moving her daughter away from her, my wife is now a much more pleasant person to be around...

I always offer, though to find a place where she could move in with us - of course, I know she never will... she's in her 80's now, and a bit frail, but I still say she's going to outlive me, just to spite me [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top