Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2001 3:26:44 PM EDT
[url]http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_413508.html?menu=news.quirkies[/url]

[b]Woman's protest over US military plans is world record bid [/b]

A Ukrainian pensioner has completed 2,060 knee bends to protest about possible US military action in Afghanistan.

The 59-year-old did the knee bends in over 85 minutes and stopped because of cold winds.

She apparently plans to send proof of her achievement to the Guinness Book of Records.

Angelina Atroshenko says she may continue the protest at the weekend if the weather is warm.

The 59-year-old, from the port city of Sevastopol, said: "By doing knee bends, I wanted to get the attention of the international community and politicians to prevent a third world war that may start in view of the growing tension in the world."

The former microwave technician, is a sports enthusiast.

Last April, she did 2,001 knee bends in over 93 minutes at an athletics competition in Sevastopol, the newspaper reports.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If she gave a blow job between knee bends, then it would be a story worth printing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The former microwave technician, is a sports enthusiast.

View Quote

HA!  I knew microwaves could fry your mind.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If this makes the news in France they will surrender.

Eddie
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If this makes the news in France they will surrender.

Eddie
View Quote

This just in from the French.....[>Q]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If she gave a blow job between knee bends, then it would be a story worth printing.
View Quote
 Call me an un-PC, unfeeling, crude and twisted SOB with a sick sense of humor, but that was damn funny!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya know I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the anti-this and anti-that crap that's being initiated by women.  Pick up a damn book!!  Nothing aggravates me more than the unintelligent bitching or complaining about something they don't really understand or fully know about.  How many times do you hear reported either on the news or in everyday life that there are more Americans killed by guns than anything else?  Anybody with a brain or the intelligence to learn about a subject would know that lightning strikes and other more mundane things kill more people every year.  The media tends to control the mass mind.  It's really quite pathetic.  
I studied a great deal of history at college and I'm honestly ashamed to say at times that I am female because of some of the idiotic things women have done to get attention.  I mean, couldn't she have thought of anything better.  Demonstrating with an Uzi might have been more effective.  
I don't understand why the truly important topics get ignored in the news and why they put this drivel in it's place.  Our nation needs to be more concerned at an impending infringement (further infringement) I should say of our God-given rights.  What's more important, some woman in another country doing knee bends or the fact that our government is trying ever harder to play Big Brother!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand, dropping a few bombs always helps the spirit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Why doesnt she do about 6000 knee bends? 1 for everyone who died?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top