Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 11:55:55 AM EDT
I began pondering this today, If the ban sunsets in 04' then I think it would radically change the distribution of firearms companies in the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the US one of, if not the worlds biggest firearms market places?

The point I'm getting at is if the ban sunsets, then a whole host of guns still won't be around, HK's, cept for the Sl8-1, and USC, Sig rifles, the Steyr AUG, because of the import ban. From an economic standpoint wouldn't it make sense for at least some of the above mentioned companies to either move to the US or open factories here so that they could bring there weapons to market? Like I know that FN has a plant here, so in 04' couldn't they start producing a SA only FN2000?

Do you think compaines like Steyr and HK will open plants here if the ban sunsets or would it be more likley that a follow on peice of legislation revoke the 89' import ban? Or am I completely insane? What do you think?

[rail]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Godd point dude, but I have no ideal.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think that there is enough incentive for the big guys.  If there is no replacement for the ban when it sunsets (which there will be), you can bet that the small players will cash in.  Special Weapons will turn out A3 config SW 3s, DSA will turn out 50.63 clones,....
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top