Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2007 8:18:36 AM EDT
I am about to get a new trail bike and its going to be one of these two for a few reasons. Reason #1 they are perfect for the kind of riding I will be doing, #2 they are affordable, #3 I have not been riding long and I dont want something with crazy power that i am going to kill myself on....

So once again here are the two choices Yamaha TT-R230 or Honda CRF 230....

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They're virtually identical.  Yamaha has some same as cash financing and starts off $200 cheaper and has a $100 rebate (customer cash).  That being said I'd buy the Honda with a bit larger front rotor and slightly more suspension travel.  I think the resale value is better on the Honda too.  

Click here for a comparo

We sell both at the dealer I work at.

Have fun!

edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there any power difference between the two? I wouldnt think there would be but it never hurts to ask....
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
They'll both work just fine.

Find the best dealer and you're all set.

Oh, and in before someone tells you to buy a Z06 vette. They always do...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
get a Honda
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top