Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2007 7:47:21 AM EDT
Updated:2007-04-22 14:57:35
Missing Boy's Remains Found in Crocodile
AP
BEIJING (April 22) - A crocodile shot to death in south China during a search for a missing 9-year-old student was found to contain the child's remains, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

The crocodile was shot Saturday in a park in Beihai, a city in the Guangxi region, by investigators looking for the missing child. Investigators confirmed that human remains found in the reptile were that of the student, the report said.

The child, surnamed Liu, disappeared Friday after Liu and three other children climbed over the fence around a pool in the park that had been used to stage crocodile shows, Xinhua said.

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."

Snipers used pork to lure the reptiles from the pool on Saturday and shot the first one that crawled ashore, the report said.

No other details were given, and it wasn't immediately clear what would happen to the other crocodiles.

Local residents said the park's owner had hired a keeper for the crocodiles, but it was not clear why the man was not at the site when the students broke in, the report said.

The manager and the keeper were being held by police.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#2]

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."

It was in the cards for this kid all along.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
At least the crocodile doesn't need to be politically correct.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
BAN CROCODILES!!! its for the children
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
This story is hilarious!
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like natural selection to me.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Darwin's theory still hold true. Sucks that the little guy got eaten, but seriously, how insanely dumb do you have to be to think poking an unrestrained crocodile with a stick is a good idea? This is right up there with those kids that choke each other for a high and then die. You have to be pretty dumb to think choking yourself or somebody else to the point of losing consciousness is fun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#8]
You know, when I was nine my parents didn't have to warn me too sternly about how I shouldn't break into a croc enclosure and then proceed to annoy the crocs by shooting them with slingshots and hitting them with sticks.

While I wasn't some super genius whiz kid, I was smart enough to figure that something with teeth like that is probably not something I want to screw around with.

Frankly I am offended that they shot the croc.

It didn't do anything wrong.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know, when I was nine my parents didn't have to warn me too sternly about how I shouldn't break into a croc enclosure and then proceed to annoy the crocs by shooting them with slingshots and hitting them with sticks.

While I wasn't some super genius whiz kid, I was smart enough to figure that something with teeth like that is probably not something I want to screw around with.

Frankly I am offended that they shot the croc.

It didn't do anything wrong.

+1
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You have to be pretty dumb to think choking yourself or somebody else to the point of losing consciousness is fun.

You've never been making out with a chick and had her ask you to choke her?

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a fun zoo

Lets spank the monkeys!
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have to be pretty dumb to think choking yourself or somebody else to the point of losing consciousness is fun.

You've never been making out with a chick and had her ask you to choke her?

Never met one that kinky yet. I remember hearing a couple of stories by EMTs that are members here and a person being found after strangling themselves during auto-erotic asphyxiation. One of them was a married man that was dressed as a woman and had a broom in his rectum if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Except that they found some of his remains in the croc's stomach, I would have thought that they shot the wrong one.

I'd throw the pork on the bank and assume the last one out of the water was the one that did it, 'cause he'd be the full one!
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet the croc was hungry a half hour after he ate...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Never met one that kinky yet.

In my younger days I kept running into girls that wanted me to spank them...the one who wanted me to choke her was a real shock. (I didn't do it, of course....)

It's more common than you might think.

I have seen some instances where people do it for a completely non-sexual high and end up killing themselves.

Personally I don't get it. Then again, there is much in the world I do not get.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I think they shot it because now that it's tasted human blood, it's going to be more aggressive toward people.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#17]
it's too bad the animal had to die because of a child's stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This story is hilarious!

Dude you are pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Is there a Darwin Awards' "Juvenile" category?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think they shot it because now that it's tasted human blood, it's going to be more aggressive toward people.

Then why bait it with pork?  Are they out of political dissidents already?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else immediately think of the last scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why bait it with pork?  Are they out of political dissidents already?

This is the usual logic behind destroying preditory animals that have eaten humans.  Not sure how really true it is but its like a rule of thumb still in the industry over here.  Actually rather surprised that they did it over there, the croc probably cost more than the kid and money talks louder in China
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This story is hilarious!

Dude you are pathetic.

in defense of Lon_Moer ..

its not everyday that you hear this  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never met one that kinky yet.

In my younger days I kept running into girls that wanted me to spank them...the one who wanted me to choke her was a real shock. (I didn't do it, of course....)

It's more common than you might think.

I have seen some instances where people do it for a completely non-sexual high and end up killing themselves.

Personally I don't get it. Then again, there is much in the world I do not get.

Oh I met a girl that was into rape fantasies. She'd write short "fictional" stories about it. One of them involved the X-Files characters Mulder and Krychek (spelling?) forcibly tagteaming Scully. This wasn't the only sign that she was into that kinda stuff.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#25]
So the kids trespassed, taunted the crocs, the crocs ate one of the kids, so the police arrest the manager and keeper?

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#26]
i wopnder if the croc was huny again in a hour.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Catapults?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i wopnder if the croc was huny again in a hour.

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I bet the croc was hungry a half hour after he ate...

That explains why they shot the FIRST croc lured out of the pond, instead of the last one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sounds like natural selection to me.  
\

+1  
One less idiot. As a person who works with gators/crocs you have to be really close for it to even be provoked. And then if you move fast enough it will give up after the initial lunge.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#34]
kid was probably a Buckeye fan.

(this will never get old)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top