Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 10:51:04 AM EDT
Holy crap...  what an event.  I made it through the Mazda Champ Car Atlantic event without earplugs, but the screaming Ferrari F430s and Corvette C6Rs of the American LeMans series hurt... a lot.  The sound was incredible.  You could feel it in your chest like standing next to a .44 Mag revolver being shot, only the blasts were coming at hundreds of hits per second.  The thick smell of race fuel just amplified everything.  If you haven't been to a race like this, you're seriously missing out.  I probably have stretch marks from smiling so much.

I took about 280 pictures.  Here are a few to start off with:

These champ cars were pretty neat.  They have 2.3L 4-cyl engines that make ~300 hp.  We saw a couple of them spin out and get bent up.

There was a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano on display along side an Audi R8.  There was also another 599 parked out in the lot.

Teams were set up around the grounds, working on their cars for everyone to see.

These guys went on to win the American LeMans race.

The C6R Corvette is a beast.

Here are some pictures from the American LeMans race:

The C6R was throwing flames about half the time it entered a turn after the heavy braking zone.  I tried to get a picture of it, but was only able to capture it at night in a far-off shot.

The Risi Competizione Ferrari team is based in Houston.

There were other flavors of eye candy too (BOTD?):
www.sciencesavvy.net/GrandPrixHouston/IMG_0255.JPG
Speaking of...  I think these guys may be on ARFCOM:

We found  some amazing toys parked in the lot after the race:

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's one from the Cleveland Grand Prix

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's another, that pit crew was FAST!

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
lol..  the New Orleans Invitational, sponsored by Hurricane Katrina, is being held in Houston again this year.  I'll have to check in on that one later.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
MMMMMm... now that is some real racing!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Great pics!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Audi R8.........the first Audi that I like the looks !!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I need to start watching the news or something...I had no idea this was happening this weekend.  I would have liked to have gone.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top