Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 10:09:46 AM EDT
I have two Chihuahuas and they love to go for car rides. I was in the process of moving some heavy boxes of cultured stone to my pole barn. I decided to bring the dogs along so they could enjoy a short ride and do some exploring by the pole barn. The barn is about 300 ft from th house, so it's somewhat new area for them. I get all of my stone unloaded and herd the dogs back into the truck. I've got the windows up and the A/C blasting so it's not to hot. I had to pull the truck forward so that I could close the barn doors. I pull up, get out, and shut the truck door. The dogs decide to hop up on the armrest to see what I'm doing and in the process, they hit the lock button. The truck is still running. DOH! Luckily, the spare set of keys is up at the house and I was able to get them out without any problems. Glad this didn't happen away from home.

Thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
HA HA! PWN3D BY UR DAWGZ!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
HA HA! PWNED BY UR DAWGZ!!!

The funny thing is, the whole time I was thinking "Im in ur truk stealin ur toonz!"
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry an extra set of car and house door keys in another pocket for this very reason. I've been saved several times when I get out distracted and lock myself out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Get sum bail'in wire and strap a spare to yer frame. Dang dowgs!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Them Chihuahuas' make REAL good gator bait.....big hook thru the tail & hang 'em just off the water.....all that yappin'l gittcher lizard quick!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like your dogs are pretty smart!

HH
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Onstar! "Hi, my Chihuahuas just locked me out of my truck... Stop laughing... Yes I'm serious..."
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
It's good to keep an extra key in your wallet, even if your car requires a chip to operate it will let you open the doors. Mine fell out and I need to get a new one though. Hell I need a whole new damn wallet! My great grandmother gave it to me probably 15 years ago and I'm still using it at the age of 25.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I carry an extra set of car and house door keys in another pocket for this very reason. I've been saved several times when I get out distracted and lock myself out.

Yep, me too.

ETA------------What no pic's of the rat dogs...?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, me too.

Ok. Here you go!

This is Taco:

And this is Fajita:

Here is both of them:

I know Fajita looks a bit skinny in those pics. I got her from the animal shelter when I volunteered there a couple summers ago and she wasn't eating regularly. Her previous owners had painted her nails also. She has since plumped up a bit and is at a healthy weight. She is such a sweet little dog. She is not mean at all and is very loving. Taco is also a very loving dog, but is a lot more energetic. Neither of them bite like a lot of Chihuahuas do.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
How much do they weigh?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How much do they weigh?

Taco is about 12lbs and Fajita is about 7lbs. That's just rough guesses as I haven't weighed them in a while.

Why? You're not thinking of eating them are you?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]
"WE WERE IN UR TRUCK, STEELIN' UR AC"
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
You mean your GM door lock buttons still work?

Mine quit at 98,000 miles.
I thought the car would go tits up before the buttons.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
This happened to my dad.  He took the JRT for a ride, stopped to get gas, and she locked him out.

Sad thing is, he got my mom to bring him a spare key... and his truck has one of those keypad things on the door.

Yeah, he even knew the code.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
maybe your dogs are pissed/scared because they found out ya named em after food
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Two good lookin' dogs.........and smart!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok. Here you go!
This is Taco:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/taco.jpg
And this is Fajita:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/fajita.jpg
Here is both of them:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/fajitataco.jpg

I know Fajita looks a bit skinny in those pics. I got her from the animal shelter when I volunteered there a couple summers ago and she wasn't eating regularly. Her previous owners had painted her nails also. She has since plumped up a bit and is at a healthy weight. She is such a sweet little dog. She is not mean at all and is very loving. Taco is also a very loving dog, but is a lot more energetic. Neither of them bite like a lot of Chihuahuas do.

Dude, tell your wife to get off her own account and stop posting as you!  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#19]
My GSD locked me outta my house once....I was NOT happy when I had to break the door down
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, me too.

Ok. Here you go!

This is Taco:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/taco.jpg

And this is Fajita:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/fajita.jpg

Here is both of them:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/fajitataco.jpg

Could you provide proof of legal citizenship on those animals?

If not I'm afraid I'm going to have to call INS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
maybe your dogs are pissed/scared because they found out ya named em after food

Yeah. What's the idea behind naming your animals by what you're going to turn 'em into?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I am curious to know how long you tried to get them to jump on the button again hoping they would unlock the doors before you went to get the key?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Had the same thing happen with my dog inside my f250. Once was enough, now when she is with me and i leave her inside, i leave the vent window cracked open so I can reach in and hit the lock button.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL! Taco and Fajita, greatest names ever! Awesome dogs!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#25]
chee hoo uh hoo uhs. Spawn of de debil!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Edit-I wonder how they would be at locking a manual lock-that's what's on our Silverado.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Beagle Bailey keeps hitting the window down button on the passenger side during 'car rides'.

I swear she really knows what she is doing
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I am curious to know how long you tried to get them to jump on the button again hoping they would unlock the doors before you went to get the key?

I only tried for a minute or two.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

Edit-I wonder how they would be at locking a manual lock-that's what's on our Silverado.

If they could do that, I'd be impressed!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Killer dogs (great pic's)...!

We have 3 rat dogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top