Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 9:36:55 AM EDT
I am not sure how much is 100% fact, but I was told this morning that the Army is going to be putting the CMP M14 rifles back into service.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
AS far as I know, there ar no CMP m14's.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The M14s that were loaned to state shooting organizations by the DCM/CMP have been called in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.

The Army has roughly 96,000 serviceable ready-to-issue M14s at Anniston.  There are approximately 4600 issued between Iraq and Afghanistan.

The M14s belong to the Army, not the CMP.

The CMP is recalling the rifles because most highpower shooters now use M16 clones and the insurance and bonding costs are exceeding the pain-in-the-ass factor  to track each and every one of these weapons (which are still classified as machineguns, welded selector shafts or not).

Each theft or loss of an Army property, CMP-issued rifle requires both an Army Article 15-6 investigation and report, and must be reported to the NCIC as a lost or stolen automatic weapon.

Those caught with an M14 listed as lost/stolen by the CMP and State Associations are liable to prosecution for possession of stolen government automatic weapons under Title 18 of the US Code and the National Firearms Act of 1934 (10 years and $10,000 per count).

It ain't worth it.

Most new and experienced shooters do well with ARs anyway.  Older shooters may benefit from the M14's longer sight radius, but it is more expensive to shoot 7.62mm reloads/target loads.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AS far as I know, there ar no CMP m14's.

Quoted:
The M14s that were loaned to state shooting organizations by the DCM/CMP have been called in.

That has already been established.  How much truth is there to the statement that they are going into GI service?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Everytime I hear about M14s I feel the almost uncontrollable urge to beat Mr. Cigar into a bloody pulp and leave him alive but horribly scarred and disfigured.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Army has roughly 96,000 serviceable ready-to-issue M14s at Anniston.  There are approximately 4600 issued between Iraq and Afghanistan.
The CMP is recalling the rifles because most highpower shooters now use M16 clones and the insurance and bonding costs are exceeding the pain-in-the-ass factor  to track each and every one of these weapons (which are still classified as machineguns, welded selector shafts or not).
Each theft or loss of an Army property, CMP-issued rifle requires both an Army Article 15-6 investigation and report, and must be reported to the NCIC as a lost or stolen automatic weapon.
Those caught with an M14 listed as lost/stolen by the CMP and State Associations are liable to prosecution for possession of stolen government wepaons under Title 18 of the US Code.  It ain't worth it.
Most new and experienced shooters do well with ARs anyway.  Older shooters may benefit from the longer sight radius, but it is more expensive to shoot 7.62mm reloads/target loads.

Is there an official statement out there anwhere explaining this?    What will be done with the recalled rifles?   There must be some big rumors floating around about going to the Army, because I talked to the head of the Wisconsin program this morning because I have to turn in the M14 that I have on loan.   It doesn't suprise me that incorrect rumors are out there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those caught with an M14 listed as lost/stolen by the CMP and State Associations are liable to prosecution for possession of stolen government wepaons under Title 18 of the US Code.  It ain't worth it.
Most new and experienced shooters do well with ARs anyway.  Older shooters may benefit from the longer sight radius, but it is more expensive to shoot 7.62mm reloads/target loads.

Is there an official statement out there anwhere explaining this?    What will be done with the recalled rifles?   There must be some big rumors floating around about going to the Army, because I talked to the head of the Wisconsin program this morning because I have to turn in the M14 that I have on loan.   It doesn't suprise me that incorrect rumors are out there.

Do a site search, this has been posted at least twice before.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Everytime I hear about M14s I feel the almost uncontrollable urge to beat Mr. Cigar into a bloody pulp and leave him alive but horribly scarred and disfigured.

+1 buddy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do a site search, this has been posted at least twice before.

Your statement was posted 2x before, or the source was posted 2x before?  If you know that it is a fact, why don't you just post the source?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top