Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 5:22:40 AM EDT

I saw some info on KelTec's RFB (Rifle, Forward ejecting, Bullpup) and have heard some good (preliminary) feedback on it.

It seems that KT has cranked the standards up a few notches for this project.  Whereas their reputation has been one for cheap guns (my P11 is 100% reliable), they've gone first class on the RFB.

So here is a 7.62 bullpup available in three barrel lengths (18", 24" and 32").  The rifle is ambidextrous with a reversible operating handle.  It is piston operated, and uses FAL magazines.

The biggest drawback I see is the preliminary MSRP of $2K, but many expect prices in the shops to be about 75% of that when production ramps up.

If this gun turns out to be everything that is predicted, what do you think the possibilities are of it entering military service?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I find it highly unlikely that it would ever see military service. The ar platform is too widely used, and theirs just no reason to replace it yet.

I still want one of the Kel-tec's though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Why go new, when sometimes old can be remade so nice

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The biggest drawback I see is the preliminary MSRP of $2K, but many expect prices in the shops to be about 75% of that when production ramps up.

I don't know about it entering military service, but even if the MSRP drops to $1500 it probably won't be entering my safe. I like what I see so far, but somehow my brain is having a hard time breaking $1k for a kel-tech...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top