Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 5:13:32 AM EDT
I don't know what has happened...maybe the weekend editor at AP is getting ready to retire, or is quitting for another job, and is saying, "Screw the Editorial Policy of this place!" or whatever.  But AP let something get out on the National Wires that they normally, I believe, if not mistaken, prohibit by 'unspoken' policy!!  
An 80 year old lady [former Miss America] on a walker defends herself and protects herself and property by shooting out the tires of the bad guys, enabling them to be caught by police!
AND it is in the Yahoo "Most Viewed-US" category!!  Let's keep it there.
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070421/ap_on_re_us/brave_beauty_queen;_ylt=Al84XGMRjv.3YeExW5Ffmr5H2ocA

LINK FIXED
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The link is dead, what a surprise! Yahoo and AP running a pro-gun story; that would be the day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The link is dead, what a surprise! Yahoo and AP running a pro-gun story; that would be the day.

worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Gotta love those KY women.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The link worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I had something re-duplicated in the address.  Should work now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

worked for me.

Yeah, it works for me now.  My computer doesn't link me sometimes.
I'm astonished that they are running this sorry with all the bad gun press right now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#7]
This link works. Scroll down the page to Weird news. Its listed there
http://www.kentucky.com/

Miss America — of 1944 — shoots out intruder's tires
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WAYNESBURG --
Don't cross this 82-year-old former Miss America.

When Venus Ramey caught a man she thought was stealing from her farm in Lincoln County, she shot the tires out of his vehicle so he'd be stuck there until police came.

Ramey, who was crowned Miss America in 1944, was feeding a horse last week when she saw her dog run to a nearby building where she stores old equipment. Thieves had been breaking into the building to steal metal to sell for scrap, she said, so she investigated.

She confronted a man who said he would leave, she said.

"I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.

She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.

"I didn't even think twice. I just went and did it," she said. "If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under."

Ramey flagged down a passing motorist, who called 911.

Lincoln County sheriff's deputies arrested Curtis Parrish of Ohio and charged him with trespassing, Deputy Dan Gilliam said. Three other people were detained and questioned but were not arrested.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
"If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under by now."

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Gotta love those KY women.

amen brother    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top