Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:20:18 PM EDT
I am no troll. I have read ar15.com for over a year now that’s how I know who sugar cookie is, I find it one of the better places to come read Laugh, Learn and read others view points. I love the forum on Jericho, I love looking at the pictures of the build it section for ar15’s. And I find some of the points and counter points on this website much better than the bull crap my liberal teachers try feeding me everyday. I put one thought forward, I respect the ones who say, consider point A or did you think of this. Because these are discussions were thoughts can be pursued and refined. And if I wrong I will learn. But I don’t see the point of semi personal attacks………………

I read through pages of were the VICTIMS were criticized and not once did I see the word troll used. If you don’t agree tell me what your point is. Worst case scenario I will say well he’s right and I’m wrong. But when you don’t explain your counter point or even make one. Them I can gather I’m right and you have nothing good to point out, hence the need for name calling.

The question I brought up was not to make any police officer defensive, and I’m not trying to insult any department or individual.

The questions I brought up are based on video were gunshots can be heard in the background. Yet you don’t see the police running towards them. Were I come from the understanding is civilians run away from the sound of gunfire while officers run towards them.

My experience with shootings and shoot outs, I’ve had the misfortune of being caught in 2.

1- a lone NYPD member was killed right in front of us. He was dead before he hit the ground. I’ve had to live with the knowledge that crap happens and a second will seem like a life time.

2- Shooter behind me and victim in front. I was deaf in my right ear for months………

an being an innocent bystander in another few… (but the bullets never care whos innocent)
I would like to thank  

Cluster
TX, USA

For bringing up some good points, granted I wouldn’t want to be near the shooter. My remarks about NYPD is not about their aim, but their courage. They would have run towards the sound of gunfire.

Also
455SD
OK, USA

Brought up some great points. That ladies and gentlemen is how discussions should be, not reading something you don’t like and dropping a word like troll..

Big thank you to

Scottman
Team Member
Christmas Member! Thanks HIPPO!!!
OH, USA

I make an account, ask a question, maybe ar15 is not as open minded as I thought they were………………………………..

QUESTION

By asking a question or expressing an idea how am I being foolish, the only foolish question

Is the one you never ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main point behind all this is when you hear gunshots, REACT!!!

When the 911 operator tells you to sit and wait for help, ITS BUGOUT TIME!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A thread about not being a troll. Obviously cover.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really sure what this post is all about but I do not know who sugar cookie is and I have been here long enough to remember when McUzi and that scumbag paul308 was reasonably new...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the odds on this account making it to 100 posts???
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I know troll and you are no troll.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just a hazing process, dude. Just post your stuff and drive on. If you complain about it they'll get worse.

Now. Instead of complaining, do something constructive and post ye a funny svprise bvtseks picture.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Far be it for me to accuse anyone of being a troll, but.......

"What is the speed of a fully laden swallow?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'll trust you, you've been a troll since 01'.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Want a tissue ???
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
welcome Carlos

Folks are really edgy around here since VT incident.

I also felt the heat. In my case, I was more or less looking for some of the LE professionals to explain what the appropriate tactics should have been, but it must of seemed like criticism, cuz I was flogged too.

No problem though and I am glad we have guys like them - as I am sure they are not afraid of answering the call.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Alot of these guys are trigger happy , no sweat . Just jump in and post whatever you whatever you like .
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
First line of first post:

well ill catch alot of flack for this but here it goes.

If you knew you were going to catch a lot of flak, why are you complaining about catching a lot of flak?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
If you've been lurking here a year, you'd know a 1st post like that will label you a troll. Stop your whining.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#16]
i dont care who you are

thats some funny s@%T right there
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Not really sure what this post is all about but I do not know who sugar cookie is and I have been here long enough to remember when McUzi and that scumbag paul308 was reasonably new...

+1

unless that is a reference to the guy eating a cookie while in the shower

EDIT:

oh CarlosG, if you arent banned yet. in this post www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=569194
your entire argument is destroyed and yourself exposed as an idiot by Tomislav in only the 4th post.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
CarlosG

Just build your post count to about 8001 or so by posting +1 or IBTL or TAG or OST and you may be safe from troll accusations. Then again, maybe not.

Oh yeh, I give your post a out of

pa-15

TAG is useless for non-team members. TAG is just putting a thread into your active topics folder, a perk for donating to the site.

OST is "Old School Tag", as now team members can use the tag button, but most of us just tag the thread the old way and find it in our active topics.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#20]
If you're not a troll then just roll with it.
Everybody takes a beating in GD now and then.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I think this was/is 'sugarcookie'

greensickle.com/picts/airsoft%20player.JPG
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CarlosG

Just build your post count to about 8001 or so by posting +1 or IBTL or TAG or OST and you may be safe from troll accusations. Then again, maybe not.

pa-15

TAG is useless for non-team members. TAG is just putting a thread into your active topics folder, a perk for donating to the site.

OST is "Old School Tag", as now team members can use the tag button, but most of us just tag the thread the old way and find it in our active topics.

I know. I was being sarcastic. A joke. And I made it to over 200 posts before being called a troll in this thread. Oh well. it was bound to happen

pa-15
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CarlosG

pa-15

+1, TAG and OST (not really sure what that one means).  

What you can't see that it's
Old
School
Tag ??
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Just reading the thread title made me laugh.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going home to watch TV and eat a taco.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
ost
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Troll in the dungeon! Trooooll in the Dungeon! I just thought you'd like to know *Faint*

or

They have a cave troll.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Mods should tell us whose troll account it is before the boot/lock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]
OST is too pop-culture for me, I'm gonna stick with the real old school...

TAG
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#31]
still getting comments cool, anyway, its done people. i posted some pics go check em out

chick fight, (fixed)  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Several people have taken to GD as their own personal play ground where they can insult and bully and general make wise ass comments.

I have seen a number of new members driven away by this behavior.  

We could either say:

Hey grow some skin. It's GD.

or

Come down hard on those that demean this place by acting like idiots.  

It's our choice.  What do we want GD to be like?

Personally I consider any one that cites a persons join date or post number or posts the troll image instead of making a comment on the subject to be a troll themselves.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mods should tell us whose troll account it is before the boot/lock.

+1 I think that should be policy.

"Out" whoever it is that has these troll accounts.

BUT before you ban the troll account.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Never show weakness around here, unless you are setting a trap.

ETA:  That's how us trolls do it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

African or European?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
CarlosG

pa-15

I know. I was being sarcastic. A joke. And I made it to over 200 posts before being called a troll in this thread. Oh well. it was bound to happen

pa-15

That wasn't for you, I assumed you already knew. I hope you don't think I was referring to you as a troll; cause I'm not

That's just for the new guy. There's a lot of acroynms around here. I know most of the LE/MIL/shooting related ones, it's the internet related ones I'm still catching onto.

Hell, I just learned what SIIHPAPP stands for a week ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

African or European?

that depends, did you file down the firing pin
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I know the thread you got flamed for.  I thought it was a good thread that brought up a valid point.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm pretty sure being called a Troll on ARFCOM is a right of passage. You ain't one of us till it happens..... so welcome aboard!

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

unless that is a reference to the guy eating a cookie while in the shower

EDIT:

oh CarlosG, if you arent banned yet. in this post www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=569194
your entire argument is destroyed and yourself exposed as an idiot by Tomislav in only the 4th post.

Argument destroyed in the 4th post? One lame sentence? Hardly!

The funny post was the 10th where Scottman did some destroying of his own:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very first post and he knows who Sgt Sugarcookie is.

How DO you guys keep track fo all your troll accounts? A Roladex? Do all those Email accounts cost you extra from your provider?

Yeah, let's ad hominem the newbies!

Welcome to Arfcom.

Johninaustin is a cop, btw, so whatever the cops ever do, it's always the right thing in his eyes.

So ya'll think you know Trolls huh?

Trolls

Lesser Smokey mountain troll
A small North American species, usually between three and a half feet to around five feet tall. Diet consists mostly of plants but occasionally carrion or insects. They walk as humans do, the only other primate species to do so, and are covered in black colored "fur."

Greater Smokey mountain troll
A large aggressive and carnivorous species of troll, ranging from eight to twelve feet tall. They were hunted to extinction, because they had been fond of pulling trees up by their roots, beating people to death with them, and then eating the marrow out of their bones.

North American cave troll
The smallest troll species on North America, one member of the species (named Peter) was attempted to be converted into Christianity, by a human named Simon Barkley. A scientific journal in 1910 had been published with the information that some trolls had buried their dead with personal artifacts. The newspapers expanded on that information, proclaiming that the trolls mentioned must believe in an afterlife. Simon Barkley wrote a book describing his time with Peter and a professor of Anita's had a picture of Peter looking like he was praying.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Your Troll-ness sickitates me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top