Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 10:38:46 PM EDT
With the democrats running the house, and in light of recent events, I am considering purchasing some firearms and/or accessories while I still can.

I was considering: 1) OA AR pistol, 2) Kinkov AK pistol, 3) Vector .308 pistol, 4) AR betamag w/smoked back, 5) AK chinese windup 100rnd drum, 6) .308 AR, 7) OA 9mm AR (glock mags), 8) more 33rnd Glock mags, 9) more 17rnd Glock mags, 10) more 15rnd 10mm Glock mags, 11) carbine 9mm barrel for Glock 17, 12) stock for Glock 17 AFTER I GET THE CARBINE BARREL, 13) KelTec PLR16, 14) KelTec SU16.

Any suggestions/comments?

BTW, I have a lot of AR/AK 30rnd mags, so I don't need any more of those.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the above...

Seriously!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't see a .50 cal on the list
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, this is only the 46th thread on this same subject today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
dupe x 1000

but Ill play along. good choice on the krinkov pistol, got my eye on them too. but an FAL comes first for me. or maybe a chrome lined AR-10 carbine. damn I cant decide. either way I think I can defend myself Ok with a single .308, and a siaga-12. I will probably sell my AR lower once they get rare and valuable. maybe replace it with a krink pistol for QC. this might be heresy on this site, but you can only shoot so many guns. oh yeh and a shit ton of FAL mags, AK mags, and maybe some 6.8 AR mags, just in case I keep the lower. and a couple 15rd sigma .40 mags for my steyr S40.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Dupe-alicious; I'll play as well.

M1 Carbine (more than one for certain)
M1A Rifle
Benelli Semi-auto shotgun
AK-47 (I'm eyeing a MAK-90 right now)
Another AR15 build (an SBR for sure)

Plus plenty of high capacity magazines for all of them, along with ammunition and spare parts. I doubt the AWB will come, but one ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
booo benelli is not evil enough. booooo. you need a saiga-12 black tiger. 10 detachable rounds of liberal tears
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Buy it because you want it, Do not buy it because of some bullshit internet rumors

Get a grip on reality

Exactly.

I am buying a new gun or two soon...but not because of any paranoid fervor...just because I have been planning the purchase(s) for a while and the time to buy just happen to coincide with recent events.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.diggerhistory.info/images/weapons-recent/flame.jpg

Hell, I would buy six of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Group Buy!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I would buy six of them.

I want to hose down an old car at Knob creek or someplace similair if I ever get the opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I have some left over inventory of Y2K generators and gas cooking stove.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have some left over inventory of Y2K generators and gas cooking stove.

I have a case of tuna and powdered milk!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Minimum three lowers.

Bulgy AKS74 with minimum 10 mags

Cheaper 7.62 underfolder, maybe a Vector

FAL with minimum 10 mags

Sig mags, at least 10 more AR and 10 more 7.62 AK mags (for a total of 50 and 30 respectively).

I figure I've got until November '08.  If the Dems don't push thru something in the next month or so they're not going to do it until after the Presidential election.  If we lose that, well, prices are going to rise between November and Jan '09.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I have an idea... instead of stocking up in anticipation of a gun ban, how bout we all get off our rears & prevent a new ban from being passed in the first place!!!

I swear... the reaction around here is either fatalism (let's stock up) or apathy (the Dems won't push for more gun control).

What happened to rising to the challenge? What happened to "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance"? What happened to our brains & our balls???

But don't mind me... I'm just the lonely voice in the wilderness telling you that when it comes to the RKBA, the only fate is the fate we make.

The Essential "Stem the Tide of Gun Control" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread!

I'm done here. You can all go back to your asinine list making.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I think confiscation of privately owned weapons to arm our allies is a real possibility if the WOT goes completely down the shitter, so I'm not buying jackshit for guns, mags, or ammo only to watch it get seized & donated to some fucking country in Europe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think confiscation of privately owned weapons to arm our allies is a real possibility if the WOT goes completely down the shitter, so I'm not buying jackshit for guns, mags, or ammo only to watch it get seized & donated to some fucking country in Europe.

OK... whatever you say.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK... whatever you say.  

Indeed.  I swear some on the right are equally as loony as those on the left.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, how about you quit it with the defeatist attitude bullshit, write your Congressional representatives, and start promoting RKBA.

Jesus, it's because of people like you we lose our rights.
"ZE SKEYE! IT IZ FALLUNING! QUICKLY, BUY ZE GUNS AND ABANDUN OUR BRUTHERS AND THE 2nd AMENDMUNT!"

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, how about you quit it with the defeatist attitude bullshit, write your Congressional representatives, and start promoting RKBA.

Jesus, it's because of people like you we lose our rights.
"ZE SKEYE! IT IZ FALLUNING! QUICKLY, BUY ZE GUNS AND ABANDUN OUR BRUTHERS AND THE 2nd AMENDMUNT!"

The phrase "gun owners are their own worst enemy." wasn't created for the funnies of it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Why the fuck would you even let that happen?  The only way for them to take guns from you is if you let them.  I know the "internet commando" crowd will be along to say that talk is cheap, but goddamnit, if it gets to the point to where your guns are being confiscated, you need to rethink some things.  Why the fuck would you give up your guns to the fucking government?????
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Group Buy!

Flame throwers are not firearms and are not regulated in any way at the federal level ....

They are "farm implements" and there may be state/local regulations .......
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Some of you had some good suggestions.  I already have some of the things mentioned, and I know you did not know that, but nevertheless, some good suggestions.  Thanks.

As for the snapperheads that are talking smack, don't let me stop you from doing your part in stopping any new legislation.  Knock yourself out.  I do my part, but that's now what this thread is about, in case you did not understand after reading the original post.

I lived through the previous ban.  I did not want the ban to take effect, but it did, despite my will.  And some people had the intelligence to prepare BEFORE the ban.  Some people just sit around and complain about it and hope it won't happen.

Again, if you are doing something to stop it, more power to you.  If you are just flapping your gums, then that's not very helpful.

BTW, in case it is not apparent from the original post, I cannot buy all of those things, although I wish I was able, but I do buy guns and/or accessories periodically, and I would be a fool to ignore what is going on around me and to not take those events into account when making my buying deicisons.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I dont forsee a ban either..............and I write those letters and make those calls all the time.................but a Glock 34, plenty of mags and ammo and a Masada would do nicely
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Some of you had some good suggestions.  I already have some of the things mentioned, and I know you did not know that, but nevertheless, some good suggestions.  Thanks.

As for the snapperheads that are talking smack, don't let me stop you from doing your part in stopping any new legislation.  Knock yourself out.  I do my part, but that's now what this thread is about, in case you did not understand after reading the original post.

I lived through the previous ban.  I did not want the ban to take effect, but it did, despite my will.  And some people had the intelligence to prepare BEFORE the ban.  Some people just sit around and complain about it and hope it won't happen.

Again, if you are doing something to stop it, more power to you.  If you are just flapping your gums, then that's not very helpful.

BTW, in case it is not apparent from the original post, I cannot buy all of those things, although I wish I was able, but I do buy guns and/or accessories periodically, and I would be a fool to ignore what is going on around me and to not take those events into account when making my buying deicisons.

Wow, you're quite the noble guy SilverState... giving the rest of us permission to protect your rights for you while you hoard all the goodies you can afford.

Seems to me you are about as useful as a fucking bag on my hip when it comes to this struggle of OURS.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go carry somebody else's water for them...    
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
NYPatriot,

Why don't you tell me how to do something else that I didn't ask about...

You must have missed the part of my post where I say "I do my part" when it comes to fighting restrictive laws.  Or maybe you were too busy answering questions that weren't asked?

Oh, and I am sorry that your feelings are hurt because I am considering buying some guns or ammo.  But then, you are from New York, so that kind of explains it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I have an idea... instead of stocking up in anticipation of a gun ban, how bout we all get off our rears & prevent a new ban from being passed in the first place!!!

... Absolutely!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Buy it because you want it, Do not buy it because of some bullshit internet rumors

Get a grip on reality

Exactly...

RE-FUCKING-LAX!

Get what you want, but don't panic.

I was panicing two days ago, but achieved my "whoosssaaaah" moment and now I'm ok.

I'm building an AR I've wanted and picking up a 1911, thats about it...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]
make sure you also sign up yourself, your SO and hopefully one other person for the NRA. then maybe you can buy those same guns in 2008,2009, 2010,2011 etc.....

fight the fight now and you won't have to be hoarding like that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I am pretty relaxed.

I also am an NRA member.

And I do buy what I like.

But I am not blind.  And I do not like to be reactive and caught by surprise.  To each his own.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#33]
What's to prevent us from buying in advance of a ban, then going home and writing letters and making phone calls to prevent a ban from happening in the first place?

I've got a lot of AR magazines. More than I'll ever use. I have them because someday someone will try to tell me I can't get anymore. I have three functional ARs and one lower for the same reason. I also have several pistol magazines that can be filled all the way, even though I never shoot my EAA Witness 10mm and I only REALLY need two magazines for my P99. I have at least five for each and I'll get more before too long.

It's better to have them in reserve and flood the market for decades then to try to get them all at once when they're a month away from being out of production.

Buy. Write. Buy. Write. Seems easy enough to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I happen to be a guy who had a closet full of ebr's in 1989.

They snuck the 94 ban in on us.(mostly)

I watched as a Colt ar 15 went from $769 to $2400 overnite.

30 rd mags from $6.99 to $ 40.

Go ahead and stock up, however we are much better organized against them this time.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I didn't see a .50 cal on the list

+1
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Get a grip on reality

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#37]
There will be no ban... regardless I have a shopping list anyways.

AR/AK 30 rounders

AR-15 (Bushy)
AK variant (yugo)
15 rounders for my M1911A1
2 AR15 Lowers
2 AK recvrs
Yugo Krink Kit
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I agree, RELAX.  My best advice(what I do) is to get a list of things that I want to buy together, and then try to purchase them in the order that I think they would be most likely to be banned.  I don't "panic buy" but I do bump things like EBR's and hi cap mags to the top of the list over bolt guns and revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Get a grip on reality

Hey! I'll use any excuse I can find to justify spending more money on more guns - leave me alone
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#40]
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!1111111ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!111111

The defeatist mentality on here make me sick.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Not because of any ban scare, these are just things I NEED. Just put an Arsenal milled on layaway.

Yugo U/F
MAC-10 S/A copy (Probably Masterpiece Arms)
Glock 30
Glock 26
A few more C&R pistols and rifles
As many AK mags as I can afford. Maybe another drum or two.
S/A RPD
SA/ PKM
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't know if there is going to be a ban or not, but I don't trust the democrats at all so...

Ammo (picked up 500 rds of Nato marked .223 today)
Keltec .308 Bullpup (this ban can't happen until 2008 for this one)
Rock River Arms 9mm Carbine
Ammo
Beta C mag in 9mm for Bushy 9mm pistol
Rock River Arms 9mm mags and lots of them
Ammo
Eotech 552
Semi-auto 12 guage shotgun of some sort
Ammo

That is all I can think of for now.  Did I mention ammo?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#44]
5000 acres , in Montana.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:
5000 acres , in Montana.

God, I wish I could afford it.

Would love to have it anyway,
and it's also just a good thing to have.

Land is one of the best investment you can make.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I agree, RELAX.  My best advice(what I do) is to get a list of things that I want to buy together, and then try to purchase them in the order that I think they would be most likely to be banned.  I don't "panic buy" but I do bump things like EBR's and hi cap mags to the top of the list over bolt guns and revolvers.

Agreed,that's what i'm doing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I happen to be a guy who had a closet full of ebr's in 1989.

They snuck the 94 ban in on us.(mostly)

I watched as a Colt ar 15 went from $769 to $2400 overnite.

30 rd mags from $6.99 to $ 40.

Go ahead and stock up, however we are much better organized against them this time.

I don't think there will be a ban out of this, the NRA will work with the anti gun folks to get the NICS issues worked out and that will be it.

We are better organized, but still be prepared to fight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top