Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

What an asshole.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to see that happen.

That would definitely be the day I move to Canada and lost all my guns in one of those pesky boating accidents.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey.. thats a great idea!

Lets start with the 2nd...

Now.. because we need to make sure people don't have firearms.. we need to search homes. Down with the fourth.

People will obviously be fully outraged by this, but we cannot have such uproar over something that is (of course) "utmost important for the safety of our society", so, off with the first!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Another liberal who probably can find members of his family tree gassed by the Nazis is flacking repeal of the Second Amendment.  When will these people ever quit acting like sheep?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't read it, but WTF??  do you expect posted on salon.com one of the most far left moonbat sites on the web
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
He's got an email address at the bottom. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Walter Shapiro may have just made the 'list' somebody is keeping for "come the revolution".
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Walter Shapiro may have just made the 'list' somebody is keeping for "come the revolution".

About that list, it sounds like he's headed to the top w/ a bullet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
If the 2nd amendment was ever repealed, it probably would spark another revolution. I just hope it's not North vs. South again... there are very few states in the north that are pro-freedom, and mine is one of them, leaving me in the minority. I guess I'll be on the next bass boat to Alabama if that happens.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If the 2nd amendment was ever repealed, it probably would spark another revolution. I just hope it's not North vs. South again... there are very few states in the north that are pro-freedom, and mine is one of them, leaving me in the minority. I guess I'll be on the next bass boat to Alabama if that happens.

Shit, Bubba...we gottum surounded already!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, Bubba...we gottum surounded already!!

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey.. thats a great idea!

Lets start with the 2nd...

Now.. because we need to make sure people don't have firearms.. we need to search homes. Down with the fourth.

People will obviously be fully outraged by this, but we cannot have such uproar over something that is (of course) "utmost important for the safety of our society", so, off with the first!

You forgot the 1st Amendment...can't have the people being able to buy books and learn how to make machine guns and Bombs.

Might as well tightly regulate who is going to learn Chemistry.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]
This guy needs bitch slapped in front of his wife
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]
More like in front of his "Domestic Partner". What's really dangerous is letting a liberal anywhere close to a typing mechanism of any kind.

Quoted:
This guy needs bitch slapped in front of his wife
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
While there is no way to guarantee that another Cho Seung-Hui would be deprived of access to a Glock, blah blah

Well..  no shit.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Repeal Shapiro's birth certificate. That'd help reduce the amount of stupidity on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#19]
You're not looking at the up-side. He's conceding that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right. The left may be able to push a gun ban through Congress, but repealing the 2nd by legislative means will never happen. Now, if Parker is upheld, they're fucked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Good!  Out-fucking-standing!  I applaud Shapiro and wish more anti-gunners had the balls to come out and make this argument.  I respect Shapiro a whole hell of a lot more than Brady or Feinstein or Tom Diaz or Josh Sugarmann or whoever.  

Bravo, Walter Shapiro!  A man among sniveling pussies.

I'm ready for a Constitutional Convention myself.  Clarification of the Commerce Clause, anyone?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#21]
When the liberals don't get their way, they always suggest changing the law.  When they lost the PotUS to GWB Jr., they wanted to change the process to a direct vote majority process a la Canada.  These people are just plain ignorant because they don't understand the process of checks and balances on laws work in the US.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Salon.com must have been in desperate need of page views.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Who the fuck is Walter Shapiro, and why should I give a rat's ass what he thinks?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
The fact that more and more anti-RKBA pinheads talk about to repealing the 2nd Amendment just PROVES that they don't believe they can con the nation into believing that it's a "collective" right.

They must believe they have a greater chance of repealing the 2nd Amendment than convincing the Supreme Court that it's a "collective" right and that doesn't apply to average individual firearm-owners.

Now THAT'S desperation!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Just another example of why extreme late term abortions should be legal. 40-50 years later is still not too late for an abortion!!  

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
This guy wants to avoid a bloodbath by repealing the second amendment?

Has he ever considered the bloodbath that would ensue at such an attempt?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What's really dangerous is letting a liberal anywhere close to a typing mechanism of any kind.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." — Solomon Short
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's really dangerous is letting a liberal anywhere close to a typing mechanism of any kind.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." — Solomon Short

Funny, but true. Stalin hit the nail on the head: "Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let the people have guns; why let them have ideas?" If liberals are worried about guns, they really should go about repealing the 1st and 2nd Amendments together. Come on, even a psychopathic mass murdering whackjob with an enormous cliché dicator-stache could put two and two together. What's wrong with the American left?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, look at it this way, at least we have a libtard acknowedging that the 2nd Ammendment applies to individuals, and isn't a collective right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Salon.com is like DU with stock option.  You are going to raise your blood pressure over that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I don`t think the next Revolution/Civil War would be North vs. South more like Center Vs. Far East and Far West.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Salon.com is like DU with stock option.  You are going to raise your blood pressure over that?

Nope, I'm actually going to do something proactive...

The Essential "Stem the Tide of Gun Control" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread!

I seriously suggest that we all do the same.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#33]
What an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The fact that more and more anti-RKBA pinheads talk about to repealing the 2nd Amendment just PROVES that they don't believe they can con the nation into believing that it's a "collective" right.

They must believe they have a greater chance of repealing the 2nd Amendment than convincing the Supreme Court that it's a "collective" right and that doesn't apply to average individual firearm-owners.

Now THAT'S desperation!

Exactly right, they are losing the argument and they know it.

The best response to this BS is not to even mention the Second Amendment.

Instead, say that "the Left is trying to gut the Bill of Rights."

It will frame the discussion in a way that we can not lose.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#35]
The best way to reduce the odds of another blood bath like the one at Virginia Tech is to amend the Constitution and abolish the right to bear arms.

"abolish the right to bear arms"

That phrase just incenses the hell out of me.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I love to see a Jewish person pushing for the mechanism which would, once again, leave themselves defenseless and vulnerable.

It's like a mobeus strip of bad history.

I wonder if Mr. Shapiro realizes that in 1939 Germany, his contribution to government would have been 500,000 BTU for about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#37]
It would be civil war
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#38]
And to those tards an abortion is a constitutional right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#39]

I really, really cannot stand liberals. The "holier-than-thou" attitude, the sniveling cowardice, the self-hate, the delusional "logic".
But a least this waste of space has the, dare I say, guts to say "repeal".
It is good to see one, at least, lowering his mask, so to speak.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top