Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 5:57:01 PM EDT
This may seem like an odd question, but I am going to assume that some of you might be hunters and have raised labs maybe. I have had a yellow lab for almost a year. She was born on July 4th of last year.

She passed away very quickly tonight with no warning signs at all.  She was up playing, running and happy. No problems with movements, no worms. Nothing. She just cried out once and passed away.

I googled and searched but found nothing really to explain it....Do dogs have heart attacks?My kids are torn apart. Her sister from the same litter is healthy and just as happy as can be. Confused though why her sister is not here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss. I had to put down my yellow lab Todd last year. They are great dogs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for your loss.

Have the vet do an autopsy?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Heart attack maybe? Was the dog on heartworm prevention?

I'm sorry about your dog.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Possibly a blood clot/severe stroke/heart attack?  

Sorry for the loss of you dog.

It's fishin weather,  take the kids out, get some sun and get their minds off their tragedy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.

Have the vet do an autopsy?

Absolutely agree with above.

We had a Yellow lab for 10 years, had to put him down about 3 years ago.  Best damn dog/friend I ever had.

VERY unusual for one to just drop dead.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear about your loss.  My uncles black lab that had a heart condition.  She suddenly died one night when she was around five.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
No sign of heart worms, we kept them up to date with shots. Sassy was her name. I think we are going to take the kids to Atlanta and see fish.

I hae never owned a lab before, but everyone is right, darn good dogs. Smart and fun. At 37 and nto a pet person I did not think I ever would enjoy a dog like these two.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
My yellow lab died about a month ago. Killed by the bad pet food ordeal. Ol' Roy dog treats or something. What where you feeding her?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
My yellow lab died about a month ago. Killed by the bad pet food ordeal. Ol' Roy dog treats or something. What where you feeding her?

I never thought of that. We feed them strait dog chow. No treats or anything. I will check the website though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top